Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tailbone pain...

(6 Posts)
Boasterzo Sat 24-Dec-16 18:17:19

I'm 4 months pregnant. The first 3 months of my pregnancy were terrible as I had sickness and bleeding. Then I had a good 2-3 weeks where I almost felt back to normal, which was bliss.

Out of the blue, I woke up this morning with what felt like a bruised coccyx. At first it wasn't too sore, but as the day has gone on the pain and discomfort has got worse.

If you have had this before, can you tell me how long it lasts. I'm not sure I can cope with this pain continually for the next 5 months!

Thank you.

DailyMailFuckRightOff Sat 24-Dec-16 18:23:17

I had this on and off for the last month or two. No advice to give, though applying heat helped. Had you done more than usual the day before?

UnicornPee Sat 24-Dec-16 19:37:54

I've had really bad coccyx pain since about 14 weeks pregnant. I have an office job and every time I stood up the pain in it was excrusiating
SO I bought a cheap 'coccyx cushion' from eBay and it's worked and absolute treat.
I'm now 28 weeks

topaz22 Tue 27-Dec-16 17:18:19

ive had this since before i found out i was pregnant sad it's awful isn't it. ive been to physio and tried everything but nothing has worked so hopefully someone has a miracle cure!

TallyHoAndToodlePip Tue 27-Dec-16 17:55:40

I had this from week 5 of pregnancy. It's probably your sacrum (very lower back, just above your coccyx) rather than your actual coccyx. I only say that as I went to my chiropractor thinking it was my tailbone too and she found I had a pocket of fluid over my sacrum, caused by pregnancy hormones. It puts pressure on everything causing a lot of pain and discomfort. I could barely move some days due to the pain. I went for massage sessions with her every other week for a couple months to disperse the fluid and the constant, daily pain I used to feel is gone! To be fair it pretty much went after 2 sessions! It comes back occasionally if i stand or sit for too long but it's nowhere near as bad. I bought a memory foam coccyx wedge to sit on as it helps delay the pain onset when sitting. Also, putting a hot water bottle (not too hot though) over the painful area for up to 15 minutes is very soothing and pain relieving.

I would highly recommend seeing a chiropractor if you can as you don't have to suffer with it smile

MichaelBuble Tue 27-Dec-16 17:57:57

I had this too from quite early on and second the coccyx cushion! Was useful post birth too (stitches)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now