Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Which is the best Co-Sleeper?

(15 Posts)
lucieloos Sat 24-Dec-16 10:23:47

Is it chicco next to me, snuz pod or something else? Can't decide which to get. Also what will you use for napping downstairs during the daytime? Will you also get a Moses basket?

Nowthereistwo Sat 24-Dec-16 10:37:17

We had the John Lewis one. Worked really well for our very high bed. Also because it had wooden slats you can attach mobiles to it easily.

Ps get a battery powered mobile rather than wind up so it lasts longer enough for a shower!

TiltedNewt Sat 24-Dec-16 11:55:36

We had the chicco next to me, picked mainly because of the size. I liked it. We had a Moses basket for downstairs but DS mainly used me. Didn't like hitting his arms on the sides. We gave up on it after a few weeks.

Mummymulb16 Sat 24-Dec-16 11:59:55

Does anyone know if you can use the sleepyhead inside a Moses basket?

NameChange30 Sat 24-Dec-16 12:02:10

We got the SnuzPod because it's 3 in 1, you can use it next to your bed, as a stand-alone crib, or you can use the crib part (without the stand) like a Moses basket ie move it around and have it downstairs - although apparently it's a bit heavy so not as easy to move as a Moses basket.

Do check the height of your bed - SIL's bed is very high and she got the Knuma Huddle because it was the only bedside crib that was high enough!

SleepFreeZone Sat 24-Dec-16 12:02:52

I have used the arms reach one twice. No probs (aside from two babies who didn't actually sleep until they were past 6 months and in their own rooms 🙄).

NameChange30 Sat 24-Dec-16 12:04:42

You might find this useful OP, it lists all the options and has reviews of each one:
www.madeformums.com/reviews-and-shopping/7-of-the-best-co-sleeper-cots-and-cribs-for-safe-sleeping/29400.html

NameChange30 Sat 24-Dec-16 12:08:43

Oh and we're not getting a Moses basket. We got a pushchair with a removable carrycot that's safe for baby to sleep in for long periods, so we might use that for downstairs naps if we can't be bothered to move the SnuzPod up and downstairs!

YokoUhOh Sat 24-Dec-16 12:09:44

I like Next2Me, DS2 is big but still fits in it at 7 months. I've fitted it out with a sheepskin and cosy blankets.

plimsolls Sat 24-Dec-16 12:09:45

mummymulb Our sleepyhead was definitely too big for our Moses basket. Fits perfectly in Chicco Next 2 Me.

The tilting feature of the Chicco has been so useful with my reflux baby. I wouldn't have had that on my wish list before as I hadn't expected to need it but definitely a plus point.

One possibly negative point about th Chicco is that it's not suitable for a breathing monitor mat (like the Angelcare) as there is nowhere for the wires to go. It might not matter to you as you can't use the mats when the cribs are in position as a co-sleeper because your movements will give false readings anyway but just in case you were planning to use crib separately too.

Gardencentregroupie Sat 24-Dec-16 12:11:40

Depending on how many children you're planning it may be better to hire one from Bednest, I think it's about £100 to hire one for as long as you need as opposed to around £250 to buy.

SausageSoda Sat 24-Dec-16 12:16:18

Please don't get a bednest. The sale of them is banned in a lot of countries incl USA & Canada.

I love our snuzpod

Gardencentregroupie Sat 24-Dec-16 12:21:16

The bednest was recalled because a baby died after getting it neck caught on the folded down side. It has been modified so that the side can't be folded any more. It's as safe as any of the other designs.

JeepersMcoy Sat 24-Dec-16 12:23:38

To be honest our cosleeper cot ended up mainly being a useful place to store baby things while dd snuggled in the bed with us. When she was 6 months I have up on it and just got a super king-size bed. Wish I had just got the bigger bed in the first place.

Coldhandscoldheart Sat 24-Dec-16 12:26:25

We had a babybay & loved it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now