Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Babies father back & he won't be a dad till DNA test

(4 Posts)
mommyteeshh19 Sat 24-Dec-16 02:57:42

My babies father has finally called me after 6 months and his now demanding DNA before he even looks at his child (due April 17th) after all of our conversations this is the first time his ever asked. He has been abusive many of times and controlling and tried to force abortion on me. When decided to have the baby he told me he didn't want anything to do with it and ignored all phone calls and blocked me. Now his asking for DNA and I feel disrespected even though I have nothing to hide why should I prove his the dad when he already knows he is!! This is another tactic to upset me and stress me. What should I do??

endofthelinefinally Sat 24-Dec-16 03:01:52

Is he on the birth certificate?
If not, I would get as far away as possible and don't look back. He sounds horrible and likely to cause you and your child a lifetime of misery.

There are dozens of threads on here started by women who are going through hell because of men like this.

Heirhelp Sat 24-Dec-16 03:22:21

I don't think the baby has been born? Has his abuse been documented? You may need this to prevent access. Speak to women's aid and your midwife.

Contact child support agency or whatever it is called when the baby is born. Keep all contact via email or text and strictly necessary info only.

mirokarikovo Sat 24-Dec-16 06:17:30

Don't put him on the birth certificate and don't consent to a DNA test. This man will not be a positive contribution to your child's future wellbeing and you are best off without him. Why bother defending yourself against his accusation of infidelity - you don't owe him anything and if you can encourage him to believe the child isn't even related to him you'll have a much better chance of being able to get on with your life without the loser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now