Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Steroid nasal spray ok? 6 wks pg

(7 Posts)
dottydee3 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:13:48

I have awful allergies. Totally congested and cannot breath through my nose at all. Can I use my usual nasal spray? 6 wks pregnant confused

TwoDogs9 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:56:25

I don't think so, but maybe call your MW to check with her? I have had pregnancy rhinitis all the way through and have used a saline nasal spray instead of Beconase and Olbas oil on pillow every night. Don't think you're meant to take antihistamines when pregnant either.

Nikki2ol6 Fri 23-Dec-16 16:21:36

I'm certain you can't use any nasal sprays during pregnancy but I could be wrong. You could try snuffle babe? It's a rub and you can rub it under your nose that may help

dottydee3 Fri 23-Dec-16 18:27:18

Ok thanks, is snifflebabe safe then?

WheelsOnTheBusGoRound Fri 23-Dec-16 18:34:00

Probably best to check with your GP. I use one regularly for allergies and my GP told me it was fine to use during pregnancy because the nasal spray was localised. Hope you find a solution xx

Tweedledumb0 Fri 23-Dec-16 18:41:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PinkSwimGoggles Fri 23-Dec-16 18:45:22

I was prescribed pirinaze during pregnancy for my hayfever. send dh bought myself the same in second pregnancy.

the steroid nasal sprays don't contain decongestants so are safe(ish) during pregnancy.
ask your midwife or gp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now