Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling down and not in festive spirit?

(10 Posts)
kayleighb21 Fri 23-Dec-16 12:22:05

I'm 37 weeks so due in the next 3 weeks or so and starting to struggle now with tiredness, still can't eat a lot cos I have awful indigestion, I'm so anxious and panicky thinking about labour and I'm just fed up!
I think also cos I finished work 4 weeks ago and been home alone most days I just don't feel Christmassy at all. I'm worrying about money too with going onto maternity pay I didn't even get enough to take me out of my overdraft this month.
What can I do to cheer up a bit?

wilfrhodes Fri 23-Dec-16 15:08:47

i feel a bit like this too, 38+6 here and spending christmas just the two of us for the very first time. had "christmas" with some of my family a fortnight ago.

dh will be around during the day from now on and he has already encouraged me to build christmas playlists and think about what christmas movies we might watch together. both things really helped.

can you have a friend round in the evening for a short while? takes the pressure off you going out and gets your mind off thinking about the impending arrival 24/7!

i never could fathom why people plan so poorly as to be expecting a baby over christmas/new year. until i did exactly that myself and realised that it's not a case of "planning", it's about taking what you're given.

keep going, you're not alone feeling this way. we will make it through to the other side!

sj257 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:19:51

I hear you xx I'm 36+2, extremely uncomfortable and not sleeping now. Trying to be cheerful for my children but it's hard x

DoubleCarrick Fri 23-Dec-16 15:23:09

Ah I know the feeling! I'm 37 +4 and hosting this year. What a silly idea!!! Dh has done loads but I still need to pitch in and I'm shattered

Nikki2ol6 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:41:59

I'm 38+ and not feeling it at all, there are party's going on but my OH said we should stay home just incase labour kicks off but I don't want to live the next few weeks in this house incase labour kicks off 😒

TwoDogs9 Fri 23-Dec-16 16:02:32

I feel the same. I'm 36+5 and I just feel uber stressed the whole time and can't get into the Christmas spirit at all! We haven't even put our tree up yet. I'm feeling very emotional and quite depressed!

Tinyhumanjan17 Fri 23-Dec-16 21:00:31

Feeling exactly the same. Iv become great at faking it the last few weeks. I'm 38w tomorrow and worrying so much about bubba coming over the weekend. Dh is being all mopey saying he should stay sober in case we need to go into hospital. But in all honesty i would kill him so iv told him not to worry about it and that we'll sort it if we need to at the time.

It does not feel like it's Xmas eve tomorrow!!

Winter07 Fri 23-Dec-16 21:13:33

So glad to have found this thread, reassuring to know it isn't just me! 37 weeks tomorrow and just finished work today. House is a tip and there is so much still to do. I'm definitely not feeling the festive spirit!

Mouthofmisery Fri 23-Dec-16 22:33:30

Me too. End of a long pregnancy and my hips have just gone! Trying to be cheerful and organised has tipped me over the edge today. Having older children off school feels like punishment and I am worried I am emotionally scarring them for life. Christmas couldn't have come at a worse time...or a baby!

pastabest Fri 23-Dec-16 22:42:03

Yep same here. I'm only 34 weeks but seriously envious of all the prosecco drinking and good times going on everywhere else.

I've just moved house and everything is still in boxes and bags and I just cant be arsed.

DP is also having a horrible flare up of a long term condition and basically isnt going to be fit to celebrate christmas.

Its all just a bit crap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now