Talk

Advanced search

Need to wee ALOT!

(5 Posts)
NewMum26 Fri 23-Dec-16 12:16:33

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I need to go for a wee a lot, I dropped a urine sample into my GP and it tested high for leucocytes which I'm aware is a sign of UTI so they sent it to the Hospital lab and they further tested it and sample was then deemed Normal. I have no other symptoms of UTI apart from the frequency of needing to wee.
Obviously if I'm drinking I need to go more, but for instance this morning I had a cup of tea and afterwards felt the need to go to the loo and wee so I did then literally 20 mins later needed to go again!
Is this just part of pregnancy at this stage? Maybe way baby is lying? It's cold today too hmmAny advice greatly appreciated!

ThinkPinkStink Fri 23-Dec-16 12:27:16

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

My pregnancy was punctuated by constant weeing, practically from start to finish. Up to five times a night, and within seconds of finishing a wee during the day I'd need another. I'd have the odd day/night where is eased off - I put it down to the baby's position (one foot in my bladder for nine months).

I did loads of wee tests at the doc, several showed leukocytes, none showed infection, apparently the additional vagina discharge of pregnancy can skew leukocyte readings. Nice.

I'm sorry I haven't got a magic cure for you, I just grinned and bore it (and planned every trip away from home by where I could stop for a wee). Now DD is 10wks old and I still thank GOODNESS daily that I only need a normal number of wees a day!

NewMum26 Fri 23-Dec-16 12:31:01

Thank you so much for replying! That's really helpful at least I know I'm not alone!
It's just you start to think oh god is this normal this can't be normal?! grin
I'm the same after finishing a wee 15 mins or so and I can need another!
Went for our 20 week scan last week and have to go back next week as baby was lying across my tummy facing down with arms and legs downwards grin So may well be the way baby is lying I will just have to grin and bear it! Thanks again x

ThinkPinkStink Fri 23-Dec-16 20:17:23

I can remember just how annoying it was! For my last NCT class (ten mins walk from my house) I had to get a cab, because the need for a wee was so immediate and desperate I couldn't even face walking that short distance.

Do keep an eye on it, if you have a fever or it burns to wee, or it smells weird, go to the doc/mw. Otherwise, I'd bet my bottom dollar that you've just got an awkwardly placed baby! As she got bigger sometimes giving her a bit of a prod from the outside helped lift her off my bladder for a short time.

Teaspoon74 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:04:54

Hi NewMum and ThinkPink
FWIW I'm 19w and can't go more than half an hour or so without weeing, apart from at night when I manage a couple of hours' kip before waking needing the loo confused
I reckon I down about 5l of water a day. I've worried about ketones as have been pretty vommy, but mw says so long as enough stays down/in for long enough it's all good.
If they're able to help with the UTI you should be fine if you keep the fluids going in ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now