Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced Movement at 24 Weeks

(6 Posts)
WynterBlossom Fri 23-Dec-16 10:41:11

So I posted around 2 weeks ago about having reduced movement & asked advice. Pretty much all said "oh it's okay, he's really small so could be hiding, not to worry!"

I called the midwife & she basically said the same, anyways....this has now continued for 2 weeks & I'm now 24 weeks...the movements have got even less than before, I've looked up online & so many people even before 24 Weeks were advised to go in & get checked so I'm a tad baffled why I was told "oh don't worry!".

Do I call or not??

shakeyospeare Fri 23-Dec-16 10:41:52

Call. Definitely call.

moobeana Fri 23-Dec-16 11:47:11

Call, go in, insist.

Never doubt or wait.

Rosieroo123 Fri 23-Dec-16 11:50:53

Definitely call or make a community midwife appointment. At 24 weeks they will only listen with the Doppler and they may measure your bump. If you are now 26 weeks some hospitals will do a full CTG fetal heart rate reading for 20-30 mins - hope all is ok OP.

There are many babies who are still difficult to feel at 24 weeks but if you are concerned you should always call x

WynterBlossom Fri 23-Dec-16 13:28:46

So I rang the emergency number, told them my concerns & got me straight in.

She was lovely, felt my stomach, measured me & also listened to his heartbeat. She found it instantly & wasn't concerned in the slightest.

He has a perfectly healthy heartbeat & measuring bigger than 24 weeks but she's not worried.

She thinks it may be because of the position he was in.

I stood my ground with the movements as for the past 4 weeks, his movements have been like clockwork.

Oysterbabe Fri 23-Dec-16 14:20:12

They don't track movement before 24 weeks because they usually arent consistent at that stage anyway but also nothing can really be done if there is a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now