Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Reduced Movement at 24 Weeks

(6 Posts)
WynterBlossom Fri 23-Dec-16 10:41:11

So I posted around 2 weeks ago about having reduced movement & asked advice. Pretty much all said "oh it's okay, he's really small so could be hiding, not to worry!"

I called the midwife & she basically said the same, anyways....this has now continued for 2 weeks & I'm now 24 weeks...the movements have got even less than before, I've looked up online & so many people even before 24 Weeks were advised to go in & get checked so I'm a tad baffled why I was told "oh don't worry!".

Do I call or not??

shakeyospeare Fri 23-Dec-16 10:41:52

Call. Definitely call.

moobeana Fri 23-Dec-16 11:47:11

Call, go in, insist.

Never doubt or wait.

Rosieroo123 Fri 23-Dec-16 11:50:53

Definitely call or make a community midwife appointment. At 24 weeks they will only listen with the Doppler and they may measure your bump. If you are now 26 weeks some hospitals will do a full CTG fetal heart rate reading for 20-30 mins - hope all is ok OP.

There are many babies who are still difficult to feel at 24 weeks but if you are concerned you should always call x

WynterBlossom Fri 23-Dec-16 13:28:46

So I rang the emergency number, told them my concerns & got me straight in.

She was lovely, felt my stomach, measured me & also listened to his heartbeat. She found it instantly & wasn't concerned in the slightest.

He has a perfectly healthy heartbeat & measuring bigger than 24 weeks but she's not worried.

She thinks it may be because of the position he was in.

I stood my ground with the movements as for the past 4 weeks, his movements have been like clockwork.

Oysterbabe Fri 23-Dec-16 14:20:12

They don't track movement before 24 weeks because they usually arent consistent at that stage anyway but also nothing can really be done if there is a problem.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: