Talk

Advanced search

Has my baby changed to breach at 38wks?

(5 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Fri 23-Dec-16 10:13:41

My baby was jeadodwn from 19 weeks as I have scans all the time because of his heart defects and they have always said he's still head down my last scan was 2wks ago and yes he was still head down and that was my last scan before delivery! So thorough out my whole pregnancy I have felt his hiccups way low down sometimes so low they feel as though they are in my bottom! Since yesterday morning hey are high up and I can see the top of my tummy where the lump is twitching... I'm not sure if that lump is a head or a bum anymore. I see my midwife today but she's not good at guessing because last time I seen her was the day before my scan and she said he was breach and he wasn't at the scan the next day. So how will I know? Does it matter at this late stage?

OzzieFem Fri 23-Dec-16 17:04:01

Midwives should be able to do palpitions of your abdomen and tell the position of the baby and whether or not the head is engaged in the pelvis. Your midwife is guessing? shock

OzzieFem Fri 23-Dec-16 17:11:31

Sorry just realized you said you saw the midwife the day before the scan, so it is possible the baby moved position, although I would have thought you would feel the change in position each time at 38 weeks.

Yes, it does matter at this late stage unless you are a planned caesarean section because of his cardiac defects.

Kittenrush Fri 23-Dec-16 17:14:54

My midwife said that after a certain point it's really difficult for them to turn over. Did you feel it? She said if it happened that I would know about it because they have no room so if they do flip you seriously know about it. Exceptions to every rule of course sorry I can't be if more help :/

Nikki2ol6 Fri 23-Dec-16 20:30:29

My midwife does feel but after she got it wrong last time I feel worried in her judgement lol but today she said she's very certain he's head down and told me often the whole body twitches with hiccups

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now