Talk

Advanced search

Late period after Colposcopy/LLETZ

(4 Posts)
funnygirlthatbelle Fri 23-Dec-16 10:00:28

I had a Colposcopy procedure yesterday (Thurs 22 Dec) and had to under go LLETZ. I was due on my period yesterday too and I am usually like clockwork, but it still hasn't appeared, although I am having some cramping. The Consultant said the procedure should not affect anything. Has any one else experienced missed periods after Colposcopys/LLETZ before?

I had my period last month but it was very short and light and now i'm wondering if it might have been implantation bleeding. We are not actively TTC but probably not as vigilant as we could be around contraception. I haven't had any other obvious pregnancy symptoms.

Is it worth doing a test, or do you think my body might just be a bit stressed out from the LLETZ treatment?

Thank you

loztredders Fri 23-Dec-16 11:50:36

I'd do a test to rule it out. I've had lletz and it didn't interfere with my period. There's not really a reason why it should as it's only the entrance of your uterus being "interfered" with and your womb lining obviously comes from higher up if that makes sense.

annlee3817 Fri 23-Dec-16 12:22:58

Did they not do a pregnancy test before the LLetz? I had to have a pregnancy test before I had mine done, although it may be due to having it done under general.

It might be stress from the lletz, however I bled lightly for a bout 6-8 weeks after, would be worth taking a test just in case

annlee3817 Fri 23-Dec-16 12:23:00

Did they not do a pregnancy test before the LLetz? I had to have a pregnancy test before I had mine done, although it may be due to having it done under general.

It might be stress from the lletz, however I bled lightly for a bout 6-8 weeks after, would be worth taking a test just in case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now