Talk

Advanced search

How do people go overdue and not crack up?!?!

(27 Posts)
Tinyhumanjan17 Fri 23-Dec-16 00:36:52

37+5(well I guess 6 now lol) and so bloody miserable and ready to not be pregnant anymore. I don't understand how people get to 42w and not crack up!

Currently sat in the middle of the bed because it's too uncomfortable to lay or lean against the pillows no matter how sat up they are having a really good cry while oh snores next to me.

Can't sleep due to bubba being very awake right now, bh/early labour contractions, achey everywhere and feeling crappy despite the fact that I'm exhausted and cannot stop yawning. Normally I'd be able to get comfy on the sofa however the recliner puts me at an odd angle of my feet being higher than my bum and I feel too uncomfortable now to even sit for more than 10 minutes never mind try and sleep!!

Apologies for the moan I just really really need to get it off my chest because I feel like I'm gonna crack up

M8000 Fri 23-Dec-16 05:40:50

I hated being pregnant. Now have 6w old DS and all is forgiven. Hang on in there, you'll look back and laugh! Has your bump dropped yet? I found it so much easier when mind did because I could breath more easily and being engaged stopped him wriggling about quite so much!

Tinyhumanjan17 Fri 23-Dec-16 06:16:18

Yep bump has dropped and he's engaged but he moves more than ever now tbh he's constantly sticking his bum or a foot out. I have a surgery scar on my tummy and when he pushes really hard it's quite sore!

And of course his favourite time to move is the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep!

AnaMaleka Fri 23-Dec-16 06:53:05

I did crack up!! I send a (polite & jokey) email to almost everyone I knew at around 41 weeks saying that I was fine, baby was fine and we'd be in touch when he was earth side so stop sending 20 smses a day asking if he was here yet.

And after 37 weeks my belly started getting stretch marks. Not a single one until then and then it went mad, which certainly didn't help how was feeling!

AnaMaleka Fri 23-Dec-16 06:53:34

He came at 42+1

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Fri 23-Dec-16 08:16:57

I did crack up lol. Induced at 42w, took three days for her to be born. Made the mistake of being home for the last weeks and got fed up and bored and impatient so quickly once I had done all the preparations! Looking back am pretty sure I was depressed for the last three weeks bloody awful! Hard to keep in mind at the time but its not forever and it will be over really really soon xxx sending hugs xxx

Orangebird69 Fri 23-Dec-16 08:19:50

One of the good things about being a geriatric mum.. They don't usually let you go over. I wad booked to be induced on my due date but ds decided to come by himself a day before. Thank fuck. No way I would've made it to 42 weeks shock

Tinyhumanjan17 Fri 23-Dec-16 08:26:19

I know I won't be going over 41w but tbh that doesn't really give me much hope atm. People keep saying that I shouldn't want him here yet because it's still 2 weeks to my due date but the way I feel I literally do not feel like I can do another day of this never mind another 2-3 weeks!

I do suffer with depression and anxiety and have obviously had my meds lowered throughout my pregnancy and my doctor is reluctant to put them back up. I'm still waiting on a referral to the peri natal mental health team which is looking unlikely to arrive this side of him being here

BreatheDeep Fri 23-Dec-16 08:27:46

I had DS2 last week at 41+5. I cracked up too. I was so miserable and uncomfortable and I told anyone that asked. But he's definitely worth it. absolutely no way I'm ever doing it again though. I'm done.

MerlinWizzard Fri 23-Dec-16 08:30:27

I had my first at 39weeks. With my second I desperately wanted to go as overdue as possible because I knew I wouldn't be able to get any rest when he came. I happily would have waited. Labour scared me more second time round. He came at 40+ 2 and pretty much cried non stop, day and night for 8 months.

Severe reflux, refusal to wean, screaming for up to 3 hours at a time, napping for 20 minutes at most after battling with him to get to sleep, and nighttime wake ups every 2 hours for 8 months have put me off ever having another.

Makinglists Fri 23-Dec-16 08:37:36

DS was 42 weeks - I got so fed up (even asked if I could go back to work!!), I tried to split my time into chunks - go for walk, doze on sofa (watched a lot of TV) and I read a lot of books. At the time it was hell (I was very uncomfy) but I look back at it fondly now. Try and have a plan for each day - even if it is just waddle to post office, read two more chapters of a book, write that letter you've been meaning to write, read up on something you've always wanted to know about - structure helps.

McBaby Fri 23-Dec-16 08:43:05

Don't see it as a due date see it as a five week period from 37-42 weeks when the baby is most likely to appear. It made it easier to deal with for me.

ImYourMama Fri 23-Dec-16 08:50:57

Try having a preemie baby and wishing you could do anything to keep them in a bit longer!

Your discomfort is temporary and your baby is clearly not ready to be born. Please stop, I hate threads like this!

mamatiger2016 Fri 23-Dec-16 08:54:56

I had to tell myself that there was a 5 week window where DS could arrive. I went nuts as was induced at 40+12 and he arrived at 42 weeks exactly.

I just ignored all messages except for my mums as she was going to take me in during the day whilst OH was at work if anything started smile

It didn't help that I finished work at 36 weeks so had 6 weeks of going mad before little one arrived

mamatiger2016 Fri 23-Dec-16 08:58:09

*Imyourmama
It's also horrible when babies are premature and I'm sure it causes a lot of worry and stress if you have been through it and I'm sorry that you feel that way. Please bear in mind people worry just as much when their baby is going overdue as well - I certainly did.

However, if you hate threads like this you don't have to read or comment on them confused

lightswitchedoff Fri 23-Dec-16 09:01:24

I never considered 37 weeks to be fully term or expected the baby to show! To me 40 weeks was full term and that's when I got impatient I went over with all of mine and got a day later with each except my last that took me by surprise
40+6
40+7
40+8
40+4

BendydickCuminsnatch Fri 23-Dec-16 09:01:39

I went to 40+11 and was absolutely fine. I think it's a combo of:
- the fact I was a size 16 to start with, so the big bump didn't have as much of an impact as it probably does on a smaller lady,
- we were selling our flat/buying our house at the time (moved when DS was 7 weeks old) so that distracted me,
- I didn't work from about 26 weeks (basically unfairly dismissed but didn't pursue it)
- I worked out throughout my pregnancy,
- my only issue was heartburn,
- I had zero symptoms of labour so no uncomfortableness to contend with.

I don't think my body would have ever have gone into labour though, so swings and roundabouts! Was induced.

Good luck for the labour! My next door neighbours have just had a baby, a few days before xmas smile smile star

Tinyhumanjan17 Fri 23-Dec-16 09:21:46

If you don't like threads like this then don't read/comment.

A preemie baby is worrying nobody is disputing that however you have no idea how anybody else feels and deals with things and what has happened to get them to this point in their pregnancy so it is extremely rude and ignorant of you to assume that just because somebody has not had a preemie baby they are u entitled to not be enjoying it and want it over with. If you are unhappy with people's threads (of which there are several of this nature) then remove yourself from the situation.

You may hate people who post threads like this however people who post threads like this will quite equally hate your unhelpful and pretty judgmental comments!!!!

M8000 Fri 23-Dec-16 10:15:35

It's totally normal to have had enough. Really sorry to hear you're getting more moving around not less! I was (unavoidably) due to work up to my due date and was convinced I'd go over by two weeks. My waters broke with a pop at 39+4 so got induced on 39+5 when labour wasn't established. If I could have chosen I'd actually have been pregnant a bit longer and had more of a natural birth, at the time I was relieved it was happening. Hope you have a good Xmas, make sure everyone spoils you!

Tinyhumanjan17 Fri 23-Dec-16 10:42:03

Thank you all for your lovely words it honestly does make you feel so much better to know you're not the only one!! In a way I'm glad he's not here yet cos I'm really looking forward to next year being his first Xmas and him being old enough to enjoy it :-) oh is freaking that I'm gonna go into labour on Xmas day though 😂

mamatiger2016 Fri 23-Dec-16 11:10:42

@tinyhumanjan17

My friend was born on Boxing Day, her mum went into labour during Christmas dinner and her dad was more worried about being able to finish their dinner than discussing how often her contractions were or going to hospital shockhmm

Her mum still likes to tell us that story when she can

Tinyhumanjan17 Fri 23-Dec-16 11:13:58

Hahaha that's ace!! Everyone has said he's gonna come at Xmas just because we don't want him too.
It would be me that would be worrying about finishing dinner though definitely not My dh 😂

AnaMaleka Fri 23-Dec-16 11:55:34

Im my next baby was only not premature because (in my case) labour was delayed three months by me being on bed rest for 11 weeks (if I moved labour could start - including moving to go to the toilet). That was hellish too, but that doesn't mean that waiting until 42 weeks for my first was made any easier in hindsight!

Tinyhumanjan17 Fri 23-Dec-16 12:20:23

That sounds horrible ana!! Bless you one of the things keeping me going is being able to Potter and do things good on you for coping in that situation

Sm031986 Fri 23-Dec-16 21:47:48

Currently at 40+5 & am soooo ready for him to make an appearance. booked to be induced on 31st but desperately hoping he makes an appearance before that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now