Talk

Advanced search

11 weeks loads of dark brown blood

(6 Posts)
Bjjth8983 Thu 22-Dec-16 19:03:13

Hello, I'm 12 week son sat with baby no 6,
I have my booking appointment tomorrow with midwife, I went to the toilet earlier and dark brown blood almost poured out of me ( was very shocked) seems to have carmed down abut (hour later) I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen? and everything has been ok, I had a low laying placenta with my last pregnancy but that was alway bright red blood when it happened. I'm now panicking about seeing midwife tomorrow

loztredders Fri 23-Dec-16 12:01:13

Do you have your 12 week scan soon?
I don't have experience of it pouring out of me like this but I did have a couple of occasions of brown spotting in early pregnancy and a bright red bleed at 16 weeks and everything was and is fine

oldbirdy Fri 23-Dec-16 12:03:13

I'd get on to the early pregnancy unit at your hospital. Even though you haven't been booked they may be able to scan you. They did me!

Bjjth8983 Fri 23-Dec-16 16:57:00

Just got back from my booking appointment with midwife and she said so long as there's no pain or bright red blood then everything should be ok, she's got me a scan for Wednesday 28th so fingers crossed everything is ok

oldbirdy Sat 24-Dec-16 10:02:08

Fingers crossed for you xx

Snowflakes1122 Sat 24-Dec-16 11:04:42

I had a similar thing with my son. I was 13 weeks and suddenly started bleeding one night really heavily.

It was found at the emergency scan I had a clot of blood in they womb called a subchorionic haemorrhage. I did continue to bleed for a few weeks but it baby wasn't bothered by the clot and everything was fine in the end.

Good luck with the scan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now