Talk

Advanced search

Pain in left side

(11 Posts)
Jenny1997 Thu 22-Dec-16 14:32:36

I'm almost 9 weeks and have had a really sharp stabbing pain (almost like stitch) on my left side above the hip! It's been going since 2pm yesterday it dulls down to an ache then comes back gradually! Any ideas what it is? Do I need to see a dr/go hospital?

Nikki2ol6 Thu 22-Dec-16 14:35:48

I had this with my ectopic but I was 7wks, yes you should go to hospital chances are it's nothing but go straight to hospital

sarahmags Thu 22-Dec-16 15:58:47

I also had a similar type pain as you describe on my right side which ended up as an ectopic. I had started bleeding at 9+4, had scan the following day which showed nothing, however bloods showed hcg level of almost 6000 (they expect to see something on scan at over 1500). A couple of days later the pain started in the same way you describe, not excruciating, but uncomfortable particularly when I moved and went to the toilet.

I actually wondered if I was a little silly mentioning it to the EPU, but as it was a new symptom I did and I'm glad I did as they did finally see an ectopic mass a few days later and got me into surgery straight away.

I hope your story ends better than mine, but please do get it checked out.

Jenny1997 Thu 22-Dec-16 16:20:45

Thanks guys I've tried ringing midwife but haven't heard anything back will ring the hospital when I finish work! Really nervous! It was u planned but now I'm so in love with the idea of having a baby I don't wanna loose it!

Nikki2ol6 Thu 22-Dec-16 19:52:04

How did you get on?

Jenny1997 Thu 22-Dec-16 22:00:57

Got shoved here there and everywhere! In the end spoke to a dr and have an appointment tomorrow to rule out eptopic fingers crossed all is fine! How do they diognose? Will it be a scan?

Nikki2ol6 Thu 22-Dec-16 22:15:41

Yes I was scanned and my womb was empty but had a thick lining. They then told me I must have miscarried or I was only 4wks. I knew neither was true and told her I was deffo 7wks so she took some blood. And my hcg was high enough they would have seen something but she said it can hide in the tubes so it had to be in there. The pain felt like ovulation pain in my left side then I began spotting and it got heavier but it was never blood was more of a red slime. Never seen nothing like it before

Shainamarpia Fri 23-Dec-16 10:17:19

I had this but on the right hand side. I went up to a&e because I was panicking. The doctor had a feel about and told me that I'm tender all over my uterus and the pain I'm feeling sounds like implantation. I went for a scan the next day they confirmed baby was in the right place, but I had some free fluid in my pelvis which the said was probably due to a cyst on my right ovary that burst and that was more than likely what was causing the pain. So could just be that. Apparently it's quite common for there to be a cyst on the ovary you ovulate from.

Hope all is well!

Jenny1997 Fri 23-Dec-16 11:22:53

Went to the doctors had a feel about and all seems fine smile scan on the 16th Jan so just hope smile thanks for your help

Nikki2ol6 Fri 23-Dec-16 11:31:34

Wow I can't believe they are making you wait so long!!!! I had my scan the same day as I went to see my gp!! He rang the early pregnancy unit and they told me I had to go straight there

Jenny1997 Fri 23-Dec-16 11:59:24

She did an internal examination and she was happy with that so just waiting till my 12 week scan now! Bit upset thought I'd see my little bean!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now