Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

19 + 1 are these pains kicks?

(6 Posts)
Nurse15 Thu 22-Dec-16 14:06:57

Hi everyone smile

19 + 1 today and over the past two days after I eat I feel sharp pains (nearly like nips!) that only last a second down low in my stomach. Haven't had any feelings of movement yet but just wondering if it's likely that these are kicks I feel?

Thanks in advance smile

LottieL Thu 22-Dec-16 18:47:39

I don't remember movement feeling painful, rather like a fish or bubbles popping. Could it be stretching pains? Everything is moving / making room and I found that incredibly sore around the 18-19 weeks mark.

Teaspoon74 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:14:38

Hi Nurse
Can't answer as am also 19+2, but have been getting stretch pains and keep asking mw if they could be movement... she thinks not. Says for me (1st pregnancy) it's probably too early. Apparently early signs of movement are more commonly detected in subsequent pregnancies. Is this your first?

ConvincingLiar Sun 25-Dec-16 07:52:05

I'm 22 weeks and have been feeling movement for about 3 weeks (2nd pregnancy). But not painful though.

I've also had the occasional sharp momentary pain that feels like an electric shock. I don't remember these from last time.

Nikki2ol6 Sun 25-Dec-16 13:45:36

Movements should not hurt they feel like a little flutter or tap

Oysterbabe Sun 25-Dec-16 16:04:37

I don't think so. Movements don't hurt, at that stage anyway, a foot in the ribs can be a bit sore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now