Talk

Advanced search

Just come over REALLY dizzy - and I'm not even standing up......

(9 Posts)
fannyannie Mon 19-Feb-07 14:16:19

just been sitting having a hot chocolate and toasted sandwich and have come over incredibly dizzy.

I know at my last antenatal check-up my blood pressure was quite low - and has been dropping gradually since my booking-in - and over the last week I've been feeling unexplainably tired when I shouldn't be (ok I expect to be after working a night shift and staying up for the rest of the day - but not when I've have had 2 nights off with 8-10hr sleep each night).

I'm not going to have to live feeling like this for the next 15 weeks......am I?

princessmel Mon 19-Feb-07 14:39:45

I've answered you !!

Go back to the docs if you're worried. Its horrible when that happens.

Piffle Mon 19-Feb-07 14:44:13

get your iron levels checked as well
Can I recommend spatone iron supplement btw, it's non constipating and available from health shops and bigger chemists
Could be low blood pressure, low iron/pregnancy anaemia or low blood sugar.
Are you eating regularly and well?
<bossy head on>

fannyannie Mon 19-Feb-07 14:47:34

I'm seeing the MW later this afternoon - if I managed to walk up there without fainting .

Piffle - I'm going to ask about my iron levels.

I'm definitley eating regularly.....not sure it could be low blood sugar - the amount of biscuits, chocolates (ie Twix, Kitkat etc) and mugs of hot chocolate I'm going through in addition to my 3 proper meals a day.

dueat44 Mon 19-Feb-07 18:11:22

Fanny my dear - could it be that your blood sugar is TOO HIGH?? Your woozy spells seem to come on when you eat or drink sugary stuff; I have gestational diabetes, and this is exactly how I feel when I don't keep my sugar levels down properly.

Are you 34 weeks plus yet? GD comes on about then, unless there is a predisposition, in which case it can come on earlier.

dueat44 Mon 19-Feb-07 18:12:19

Oops - meant 24 weeks - and i see from your OP that you are 25 ...

fannyannie Mon 19-Feb-07 18:51:16

well my urine was fine at check today.....

MoosMa Mon 19-Feb-07 21:50:53

I second the iron check, I felt awful for ages earlier on and it turned out all I needed was a good dose of ferrous sulphate.

jersey Tue 20-Feb-07 19:56:43

Could be sugar high. I had this the other night when laid in bed. I felt like the I was spinning (not the room) at about 10:00pm and I am only 7 weeks . Don't think mine was a high.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now