Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Just come over REALLY dizzy - and I'm not even standing up......

(9 Posts)
fannyannie Mon 19-Feb-07 14:16:19

just been sitting having a hot chocolate and toasted sandwich and have come over incredibly dizzy.

I know at my last antenatal check-up my blood pressure was quite low - and has been dropping gradually since my booking-in - and over the last week I've been feeling unexplainably tired when I shouldn't be (ok I expect to be after working a night shift and staying up for the rest of the day - but not when I've have had 2 nights off with 8-10hr sleep each night).

I'm not going to have to live feeling like this for the next 15 weeks......am I?

princessmel Mon 19-Feb-07 14:39:45

I've answered you !!

Go back to the docs if you're worried. Its horrible when that happens.

Piffle Mon 19-Feb-07 14:44:13

get your iron levels checked as well
Can I recommend spatone iron supplement btw, it's non constipating and available from health shops and bigger chemists
Could be low blood pressure, low iron/pregnancy anaemia or low blood sugar.
Are you eating regularly and well?
<bossy head on>

fannyannie Mon 19-Feb-07 14:47:34

I'm seeing the MW later this afternoon - if I managed to walk up there without fainting .

Piffle - I'm going to ask about my iron levels.

I'm definitley eating regularly.....not sure it could be low blood sugar - the amount of biscuits, chocolates (ie Twix, Kitkat etc) and mugs of hot chocolate I'm going through in addition to my 3 proper meals a day.

dueat44 Mon 19-Feb-07 18:11:22

Fanny my dear - could it be that your blood sugar is TOO HIGH?? Your woozy spells seem to come on when you eat or drink sugary stuff; I have gestational diabetes, and this is exactly how I feel when I don't keep my sugar levels down properly.

Are you 34 weeks plus yet? GD comes on about then, unless there is a predisposition, in which case it can come on earlier.

dueat44 Mon 19-Feb-07 18:12:19

Oops - meant 24 weeks - and i see from your OP that you are 25 ...

fannyannie Mon 19-Feb-07 18:51:16

well my urine was fine at check today.....

MoosMa Mon 19-Feb-07 21:50:53

I second the iron check, I felt awful for ages earlier on and it turned out all I needed was a good dose of ferrous sulphate.

jersey Tue 20-Feb-07 19:56:43

Could be sugar high. I had this the other night when laid in bed. I felt like the I was spinning (not the room) at about 10:00pm and I am only 7 weeks . Don't think mine was a high.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: