Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Giving up

(14 Posts)
Laurens93245 Thu 22-Dec-16 02:12:02

So after going into hospital early hours Tuesday morning with contractions then getting sent home only for the contractions to worsen, fall asleep then wake up and have absolutely nothing since is heartbreaking. After trying everything in the book to kickstart them again I've decided to give up.
Has anyone else had there hopes built up then just flattened in the space of a few hours. I just want to meet my baby girl

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Thu 22-Dec-16 02:17:34

I'm sorry, it's bloody awful isn't it. I haven't actually been in your situation, having had to be induced twice now, but I do sympathise.

How far along are you? I'm 41+2, heading for my third induction Friday sad

Here's hoping it gets going again for you ASAP flowers

Laurens93245 Thu 22-Dec-16 02:33:48

It's horrible, I didn't have any of this with my first, convinced it's because this ones a girl.
I'm 38+5 so wouldn't usually be bothered but because of Christmas looming with a 4yo and the episode Tuesday morning and had near enough all the 'signs' I'm willing her to come now.
Aw good luck for Friday then 🙏🏼

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Thu 22-Dec-16 02:40:00

I have two girls, both stubborn little madams 😂

Hopefully youll go either tomorrow or hang on til after Xmas.

I am hoping for another quick induction so I don't miss Xmas- my 1 year old wouldn't notice but my 9 year old would obviously!

MagpieCursedTea Thu 22-Dec-16 04:45:02

I've had this twice now. Lots of contractions that build in intensity and then... nothing. It's very frustrating! I'm also aware of Christmas being near and wanting to be home with my 3 year old. I wonder what it is that causes it?

Laurens93245 Thu 22-Dec-16 08:30:44

Girls are definitely more stubborn, I'm learning that already 🙈
Aw yeah hopefully, such a hard time of the year to be expecting when you have other children.

Had intense contractions again last night every 10mins for an hour 4-5 the most painful so far then absolutely nothing. It's so frustrating. Not really sure what it can be, I guess body/baby are preparing themselves and teasing us in the long run

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Thu 22-Dec-16 09:22:15

I had the same from 2.30 ish til 6, every 7 or 8 mins but ground to a halt now sad here's hoping they start again for us both!

Laurens93245 Thu 22-Dec-16 09:37:39

Oh no, it's so frustrating. Hopefully they start up again soon 🙏🏼 I've decided I'm going to clean the bathroom and my 4yo bedroom today maybe that will help haha

chloechloe Thu 22-Dec-16 10:21:57

You poor thing, it's even more frustrating with Xmas looming and another little one to look after!

Given that you're near 39w would it not be better to take it easy and hope she hangs in there until Boxing Day?!?

I went into hospital at 37w with DD2 as I was having contractions every 5 min which went on all night. According to the CTG nothing was happening and I went home!

A week later I went back in as my waters were leaking but I couldn't feel any contractions. Turns out I was at 4cm and contracting every 5 min but couldn't feel them. DD2 then arrived in 3.5 hours!

I guess that you're in pre labour and things are gearing up slowly - hopefully the long build up will mean a quick delivery! Fingers crossed!

Laurens93245 Thu 22-Dec-16 11:21:28

I know for a fact she's gearing up for a Christmas Day appearance 🙈

Ahh so annoying when your having contractions but nothing is actually happening, lucky you not feeling them and having a quick delivery. What did you do in the week between first hospital visit and delivery? Did you relax or try everything to get baby out?

Fingers crossed your right and it's all setting up for a speedy delivery

chloechloe Thu 22-Dec-16 12:04:51

The midwife said to me that things can be happening without you noticing and that the strength of the contraction doesn't always dictate the effect they're having! So hopefully things are progressing without you knowing!

I didn't do anything in the week before DD2 arrived other than getting on with running round after my toddler.

I took the view that you can't do anything to speed things up if they're not ready to come out. With DD1 I tried everything - sex, spicy food, long walks etc even an enema on the midwife's advice but still had to be induced so I figured I wouldn't bother this time!

Laurens93245 Thu 22-Dec-16 13:53:22

Ahh hopefully that's what's happening then.
If it wasn't Christmas I wouldn't be bothered at all whether she came tomorrow or in January but the unknown is horrible this time of year 🙈

Yeah I've tried all of those and your right I don't think anything can help, she will just arrive when she's ready I guess.

minmooch Thu 22-Dec-16 13:56:46

Hopefully it is your body getting ready for the real labour.

I did not experience this with DS1 and his labour was long.

With DS2 I had false labour for 3 or 4 nights but when it eventually happened his birth was all over and done with, start to finish 3 hours.

Good luck.

Laurens93245 Thu 22-Dec-16 14:18:39

Ah you ladies are giving me hope.
I'll be on night 4 tonight of false labour (if it happens and doesn't proceed to actual labour) so hopefully when the big day arrives baby will know exactly what to do and swiftly come out 🙏🏼

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now