Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain after D&C

(2 Posts)
bubzy30 Wed 21-Dec-16 16:57:44

I had at miscarriage at 12 weeks and had to have a D&C as a result to remove the remains back in October. Since then I have been suffering from stomach pains. I guess it was normal to have pain following procedure, but its been over 2 months and I still suffer from discomfort every few days, sometimes its persistant. I get sharp shooting pains to mild constant pains in the pelvic area, often when you press here its painful. I don't know if its 'normal' after all this time. Down there has also become very sensitive and I often get weird pains down there. I was told to wait 2 weeks before have intercourse but I waited over month and recently found it very painful and couldn't carry on. Can someone please tell me if this is normal or what it could be.

sycamore54321 Wed 21-Dec-16 17:19:34

I am sorry about your loss.

I had the same procedure shortly before your stage and did not experience any physical pain after a day or so. What you describe sounds like something that needs medical attention. I was told the two main risks with the procedure
were the possibility that some tissue is left behind which could then become infected, or the possibility of an injury to the surface of the uterus. Either of those sound like they could cause the type of pain you are suffering.

If I were you, I would urgently seek medical help - ring for an emergency appointment if needs be. You could be at risk of sepsis or bleeding, and of course you should be given pain management plan as well. Please don't ignore it - if it hasn't gotten better in two months, it seems unlikely to go away on its own and it sounds like it definitely needs medical attention.

Best wishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now