Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Need reassurance

(7 Posts)
purplefizz26 Wed 21-Dec-16 16:27:30

Hello, I am pregnant, around 7-8 weeks. Though I won't know for certain until my dating week scan.

Last time, I had severe sickness, not quite HG, but bad. It lasted around 6 months. Apart from that everything went smoothly.

So far, (I have only known about the pregnancy 2.5 weeks) I have only been sick twice and felt nauseous quite often with no vomiting. Mostly just in the morning.

Today my nausea was only very mild but I have been having mild abdominal throbbing/cramp on and off all day. It's got me a little worried, I suppose I associate sickness with a healthy pregnancy because of my last experience ha!

Does this happen with others, where the sickness/nausea comes and goes, some days it isn't so bad?

Thanks!

MidMay Wed 21-Dec-16 16:35:55

Congratulations OP

Yes nausea and/or sickness often comes or goes, that's normal.

As for the cramping, again can be due to lots of different things, though if you have any bleeding at all contact your local hospital's early pregnancy unit (you can often self refer). Good luck.

purplefizz26 Wed 21-Dec-16 16:42:09

Thanks!smile

From what I can gather from doing a little research, mild cramping and pain is normal, things need to grow and stretch of course. I just have this silly worry in the back of my mind because the sickness used to constantly reassure me and I don't have that this time!blush

MidMay Wed 21-Dec-16 16:48:13

It's understandable you feel like this but each pregnancy is different. I'd see it as a good thing that you aren't feeling so awful this time around.

arbrighton Wed 21-Dec-16 16:52:32

I haven't been sick at all but have felt nauseous a lot over the last 7 weeks.

The tiredness and increased boobs are also a clue for me (now 11+3 on my first)

purplefizz26 Wed 21-Dec-16 17:08:39

Thank you, just unnerves me when I have had a bad day of nausea and tiredness etc then the next day barely anything!
Must stop being silly smile

m33r Wed 21-Dec-16 18:00:02

purple I have a similar thread on the go where I had stretching pains yesterday and the nausea I have been having so far (am 6+4) has gone today. Everyone saying it's normal so hoping it is for both of us xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now