Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

blossom maternity: anyone tried their customized 7 for all mankind maternity jeans?

(13 Posts)
Tutter Mon 19-Feb-07 13:10:30

here

or any other jeans they fit their belly band to?

incy Mon 19-Feb-07 13:20:36

Yes. Must confess I didn't like them because they were a normal pair of sevens with the waistband cut off and a stretchy band in its place. All very well and good but I find my hips get wider in pregnancy so jeans with the elastic in the side pockets are better. I suppose I could have gone a size bigger to accomodate bigger hips but then they wouldn't have fitted in the leg. I ended up selling them on e bay.

Tutter Mon 19-Feb-07 13:23:24

yes, was woried about the sizing thing myself

normally wear 29 or 30 inch. spoke to them and theya dvise going up 1 or 2 sizes for the maternity ones

but surely they wouldn't fit across the hips then...

hmmm - would love a great pair of mat jeans. have a couple but nothing quite right

incy Mon 19-Feb-07 13:30:15

I have resigned myself to a fashion wilderness until May ! Normally wear sevens and so thought a pair of seven maternity jeans would be lovely. Was advised to get a 28 to fit my hips (as normally a 26) and tbh they looked awful.

I think it depends where you put weight on during pregnancy. With me it is my bum and hips but not on my legs and so they looked all wrong. If put weight on more evenly and all over may have looked better.

I am actually wearing top shops maternity jeans as they do the ones with the elastic in the pockets - they are not ideal but better than the sevens and the Earls tbh.

I had heard the citizens of humanity ones are nice but I have given up!

Tutter Mon 19-Feb-07 13:56:14

at size 26

i have the earl and citizens (kelly) mat jeans and like neither all that much

earl ones give me an even flatter arse than i normally have

the citizens are a nicer fit on the arse but the elastic at the top of the bump band is too tight - gives me an attractive double-bump look. also they're a bit too boot cut - would prefer slightly narrower (like 7s are normally)

i may cut the very top of the citizens off and wear with a belly band...

sigh

incy Mon 19-Feb-07 14:13:13

I was going to say that the only good suggestion I had was to wear your favorite jeans undone with a bump band (which I did until recently).

Unfortunately now I am 6 months plus my hips won't allow it and so I have given up !

Thanks for info on Citizens of humanity as I kept wondering if they would have been better ! Sounds as if they have a similar waitband as the seven ones which as I've said were either too small on hips and band (glad it wasn't just me with that double bump look) or if they fitted on the hips and they band was comfortable they looked awful elsewhere.

RedKennedy Mon 19-Feb-07 18:23:50

I am wearing them at the moment. Have to say Ive worn them to death for a couple of months, then washed and put them away for a a couple of weeks. Im now 28 weeks, and just about managed to get into them this morning, but my god, I cant wait to get home and take them off. My hips have just got that bit too big, and while they fit everywhere else nicely, there is no give in them at all at the hip line and they did right in. Rather annoying but then I didnt buy em.

RedKennedy Mon 19-Feb-07 18:27:57

I meant dig right in.
Know what you mean about the double bump too, I end up turning down the stretchy band. Which kind of defeats the object. Ive also got some Earl ones, but like you Tutter, I think they are a bit too boot cut and that makes my thighs look gargantuan. God I used to wear boot cut every day. Looks so bloody dated now. Ok Ya Dahling etc.

bambi06 Mon 19-Feb-07 18:37:29

i actually bought some next jeans.boy fit today and loved the fit.they have the elastic in the pockets at the sides and were very cmfortable.i normally dont like next jeans or trousers in any form as they just dont suit me but i was impressed.normally i wear gap as the fit is perfect on me but it all depends on everybody`s body shape i guess, especially when pregnant

Tutter Mon 19-Feb-07 20:02:26

have seen some skinny maternity jeans here and am contemplating them

but they're under bump - ime not the best for comfort

bodsmum Sat 24-Oct-09 08:42:20

Is it really worth buying maternity jeans...during my last pregnancy I worked till 8 and a half months so mostly wore tenty dresses after 7 months and changed into XXL tshirts once i got home!i still wore jeans occasionally but managed with a couple of low slung ones with v long tops..this time around i'm a s.a.h.m and so much more dressed down.At 18 weeks i still fit into my regular jeans with bump ontop.I have bought a pair of topshop maternity jeans(they have side adjusters not a bump band)because i was so excited they did them in a (v!!)short leg and are quite cool(for mat.jeans!) but now Im wondering if I will really get my money's worth..has anyone used their mat. jeans post baby even after they actually lost the baby weight or did you feel sick at the sight of them like i did about the clothes I wore in my last pregnancy..also can you actually wear them comfortably in the v last months of pregnancy anyway?Thanks for any tips

bodsmum Sat 24-Oct-09 08:57:05

Is it really worth buying maternity jeans...during my last pregnancy I worked till 8 and a half months so mostly wore tenty dresses after 7 months and changed into XXL tshirts once i got home!i still wore jeans occasionally but managed with a couple of low slung ones with v long tops..this time around i'm a s.a.h.m and so much more dressed down.At 18 weeks i still fit into my regular jeans with bump ontop.I have bought a pair of topshop maternity jeans(they have side adjusters not a bump band)because i was so excited they did them in a (v!!)short leg and are quite cool(for mat.jeans!) but now Im wondering if I will really get my money's worth..has anyone used their mat. jeans post baby even after they actually lost the baby weight or did you feel sick at the sight of them like i did about the clothes I wore in my last pregnancy..also can you actually wear them comfortably in the v last months of pregnancy anyway?Thanks for any tips

bodsmum Sat 24-Oct-09 09:09:08

I'm so sorryblush..i was trying to create a new post and seem to have stuffed it up..sorry i ended up crashing yours..have managed to start new one but cant delete from yours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now