Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Support needed :(

(6 Posts)
Kcw123 Wed 21-Dec-16 12:55:48

Hello everyone I've not had much luck in other sites and I really need some support really. I am currently pregant I don't have a clue what my dates are or even when I conceived:/ I went to the hospital on Sunday with brown bleeding it wasn't a lot and had no cramps on the Monday I had a scan and it showed baby was only 4mm everyone way there as it should be just baby didn't have a heartbeat sad I've got to go back in a week to have another scansad I've had no bleeding or paid or anything.. I know that I am loosing the baby ... Was just looking for some advice ? Or even what to look out for sad thanks in advance

LottieL Wed 21-Dec-16 13:25:33

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. When they scanned you did they indicate how far along they though that you were? By the sounds of it you may not be very far along at all which would explain why there was no heartbeat quite yet. What did they say about it?
flowers

TallyHoAndToodlePip Wed 21-Dec-16 13:46:55

Didn't want to read and run but I'm sorry you're having to go through this.

Lottie has a good point about it potentially being too early to detect a heartbeat. It doesn't normally start to beat until approx. week 6 or 7 and even then it can be tricky to detect because it's so small.

flowers

Garethea Wed 21-Dec-16 14:32:13

Thoughts are with you but don't give up hope.

Brown blood can be implantation bleeding. I had a scan at 5+4 because i was in severe pain due to a cyst that had burst and there was no heartbeat because it was so small. Went back a week later and there was a little splodge with a tiny heartbeat.

Hopefully next week you will have some good news. Fingers crossed for you.

Kcw123 Wed 21-Dec-16 14:58:37

Thankyou everyonesmile they only said it was showing as 4mm ? And I can't even go by lmp as there all over the place I have had a period in 4 months🙈 I've got my fingers crossed sad

haveacupoftea Wed 21-Dec-16 15:27:25

At 4mm your baby is very small - i'm not an expert but perhaps around 6 weeks. Which would mean you conceived perhaps a month ago. It is possible not to see a heartbeat so early on and still go on to have a healthy pregnancy. Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now