Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

19 weeks and not showing

(17 Posts)
5268claire Wed 21-Dec-16 12:47:12

Hi, after 7 miscarriages (furthest being 11 weeks) I'm finally 19 weeks pregnant but all of my symptoms have disappeared and I have no signs of showing. I'm still wearing my normal clothes too. I did hope that I'd be able to feel the baby move this week but nothing as yet. Can't help but worry 😞

Nikki2ol6 Wed 21-Dec-16 12:48:14

I wasn't showing either I was on holiday and nobody noticed lol, I did start to feel him move that week though and it was such a relief

staveleymum Wed 21-Dec-16 12:53:06

It might be that your placenta is at the front of your tummy - this can shield the feel of any movements. I had this with my first and I didn't feel him move until about 22 weeks!

As for showing it can depend on how big/small you are. Symptoms tend to drop off post 12 weeks so again not something to worry about.

When is your next midwife appointment? I assume you are having extra monitoring because of your risk of miscarriage? If you are worrying then speak to your early pregnancy unit at the hospital. They will often check for heartbeat - make sure they are aware of your history re miscarriages. They are very supportive (well mine was).

WellErrr Wed 21-Dec-16 12:55:59

I've never shown until well after 20 weeks and with my last didn't feel movements until 23 weeks, if that helps.

Owllady Wed 21-Dec-16 12:58:02

As long as the midwife is happy with growth etc really don't worry
I hardly showed at all with my first and then just got utterly massive in the last two months
With my second I remember people being surprised I'd had a baby as they hadn't noticed and I never needed maternity clothes. With my third I was like a bloody elephant.
I am tall and had normal sized babies
Quite normal not to feel movement until further along.

Kelsey28 Wed 21-Dec-16 13:34:57

Please don't worry about movement. It comes later with baby number one! I was making my self sick with panic and stress because I couldn't feel the baby but then it turned out what I thought was gas was the baby's tiny movements blush. Even at 22 weeks I feel her more laying down then I do during the day.

SaltedCaramelEverything Wed 21-Dec-16 13:44:04

I am exactly the same as you! I'm really sorry to hear about your losses. My friends and family have all told me this is normal. Some didn't feel movement until 24 weeks with their first baby and didn't show till 22 weeks (small dress size).

I'm 18 weeks and not showing or feeling kicks. Instead of worrying I am now enjoying still wearing my normal clothes and not being kept awake at night by a gymnast baby.

Hope that helps

Strokethefurrywall Wed 21-Dec-16 13:47:15

I didn't show until I was 24 weeks and didn't start feeling any type of movement until 20 weeks with DS1 and 21 weeks with DS2 and even then it was the tiniest of bubbles.

I just had very small babies!

CrazyGreyhoundLady Wed 21-Dec-16 13:51:35

Sorry to hear of your losses flowers
Dd1 was 8lb and born at 39+4 you couldn't tell I was pregnant as I had no bump at all,a relative saw me 2 days before she was born and didn't notice. Didn't start feeling her moved till about 22 weeks either. I know its hard but do try not to worry

5268claire Wed 21-Dec-16 13:51:43

Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement. It's good to know that how I'm feeling is 'normal'
I have my 20 week scan in a week so hopefully, that'll ease my worries too.
Thank you again, much love xxxx

SaltedCaramelEverything Wed 21-Dec-16 16:48:37

smile I forgot to say - have you heard of the yes Mum pregnancy cards? Give them a google - only about £10 and they helped me focus when I was going through an anxious stage

AmandaReid1 Wed 28-Dec-16 00:13:06

I didn't start showing until about 21 weeks and this is my first pregnancy. Started feeling kicks around 22 weeks but they were more like flutters x

WhatInTheWorldIsGoingOn Wed 28-Dec-16 05:54:31

I did an exercise class wearing tight gym clothes and didn't tell people I was pregnant until after my 20 week scan. Not one person had guessed! I also didn't feel movement for a few weeks yet. The 20 week scan was reassuring because I could see baby kicking but couldn't feel a thing!

By 30 weeks I was showing and by 40 weeks I was a whale!

Tigresswoods Wed 28-Dec-16 08:11:25

I felt like a total fraud at my 20w scan, no bump at all! It popped out by 25w.

I hope all goes well at your scan x

Scrowy Wed 28-Dec-16 08:32:59

I still had a completely flat stomach at my 20 week scan

Randytortoise Wed 28-Dec-16 08:37:52

I didn't really show until 34 weeks when my baby turned. I had put on a bit of weight all over but just looked a little chunky . I carried transverse (baby was side to side rather than top to bottom ) so was well hidden. I started feeling movement about 22 weeks.

IWantATardis Wed 28-Dec-16 13:24:20

Do you know where your placenta is? Mine was at the front in my first 2 pregnancies, and both times, it was after 20 weeks before I started feeling any movements.

Re not showing - There was a depressingly large number of acquaintances of mine who were astonished when DS2 was born because they hadn't realised I was pregnant. Several admitted that they'd noticed I was larger, but said they thought I was just getting fatter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now