Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Haemorrhagic cyst and positive pregnancy test?

(5 Posts)
guigirl14 Wed 21-Dec-16 10:31:36

Hello everyone,

I've found lots of advice on here very useful the past few weeks as I've started my TTC journey. It has been a bumpy start with getting pregnant on my first full cycle then an early miscarriage, followed by a haemorrhagic cyst being found on my ovary.

When they found the cyst (last week) I had a negative pregnancy test at the doctors to rule out an ectopic pregnancy.

However this week I've been beyond fatigued and foggy, sore boobs...my mind said, take a home test and see. It came up as a strong positive, which would be 4 weeks. I found this confusing given the negative test at the GP last week.

I've seen some info on the internet this morning (but none of it recent) about false positive tests when you have an ovarian cyst. Has anyone experienced this? Or should I just start being the designated driver until the Christmas period is over and I can get an appointment at the GP? Or even wait until a 6 week scan and not believe in the test result in the meantime? It's hard to know what approach to take and it would be great to know of any others who have been in this situation.

Thanks everyone in advance for your thoughts!

guigirl14 Wed 21-Dec-16 17:02:36

Little bump...

sweetchilli77 Thu 22-Dec-16 14:54:12

I have no knowledge on this but i thought id give you a little bump to see if anyone else can help x

Blossomdeary Thu 22-Dec-16 15:00:10

I think that you do need to see your GP to clarify what is going on. I had a DD with a cyst during pregnancy - so the two can happen together; but only your GP can sort it out for you. Good luck with all this.

guigirl14 Thu 22-Dec-16 15:58:39

Thank you for this. I'm hoping to see my GP next week and that they may have some answers (can't get an appointment before then unfortunately).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now