Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling movement much earlier with 2nd pregnancy

(4 Posts)
mangolime Wed 21-Dec-16 08:33:27

I know it's normal to feel kicks and stuff earlier this time round because you know what you're looking for but I am certain I didn't feel anything till quite a bit past 20 weeks last time, this time I can feel movement from the outside from 18 weeks!! Does it just mean a bigger/more active baby? Or in a different position? Or placenta in different place?

INeedNewShoes Wed 21-Dec-16 08:37:17

I've read that you tend to feel movement earlier in your 2nd pregnancy just because you recognise the sensation this time around.

Having said that, I'm pregnant with my 1st and first felt movement around 17 weeks then a gap of a few days before feeling a more obvious movement. Now at 20 weeks I'm feeling loads of movement every day!

It's a lush feeling smile

TallyHoAndToodlePip Wed 21-Dec-16 14:03:18

You could have a posterior placenta this time round, meaning it's implanted at the back rather than the front, so less padding at the front of your belly. I'm pregnant with my first and have a posterior placenta and I saw and felt movement from the outside at 18 weeks. Everyone tried to tell me I was wrong and that it wasn't possible. Their faces were a picture when they then saw the kicks with their own eyes, right there and then! grin

Scotmum83 Wed 21-Dec-16 17:38:23

I couldn't feel much in my first pregnancy until after 22 weeks but had anterior placenta. In this pregnancy I have posterior placenta and could feel flutters before my 12 week scan. I also notice my belly moving with kicks and they feel really strong, I'm 22 weeks. It's quite strange a I didn't feel much at all first time round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now