Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constipation STILL....

(16 Posts)
sweetchilli77 Tue 20-Dec-16 22:57:04

Ive already started a ranted thread about this once, and thought it might of just been a 1st trimester thing....hell NO

Im 21 weeks and still battling with the loo. I am a nurse so know what to be doing in order to "shift things" but christ on a bike i think i could actually give birth trying.
Im taking lactulose daily, plus high bran cereal plus water plus trying to be as moble as possible.

Does this getting easier or am i backed up till 40 week? sad

pyjamapyjama Tue 20-Dec-16 23:28:39

Totally feel your pain OP

I'm currently 37 weeks and the constipation only started easing about 2 weeks ago!! Are you taking iron tablets? Ive found they made me even worse and sometimes it's over a week with nothing blush the lactulose for me doesn't work either just gives me terrible cramps.

flowers for you, I hope things ease up for you soon.

McBaby Wed 21-Dec-16 06:42:20

I think it all a while pregnancy thing rather than first trimester sorry.

Linseed, prune juice, lots of water fruit?

MollyWho Wed 21-Dec-16 06:50:54

Fruit juice made the difference for me. Don't normally like drinking it due to all the sugar, but ouch!!!

Bolshybookworm Wed 21-Dec-16 06:55:13

I needed lots of "wet" fibre too- bran didn't work for me. Best things I found were pears, oranges, aubergines, green veg, lentils. Dried fruit with loads of water.
You could also ask your doctor for some movicol.

Bolshybookworm Wed 21-Dec-16 06:56:09

Oh yeah, drank loads of prune juice. Bit grim but it worked!

BearFeet Wed 21-Dec-16 07:09:54

A big sooon of lactulose everyday helped me.

pklme Wed 21-Dec-16 07:13:33

I know you know, but just in case (and because everyone is different)
Linseed/flax.
A fatty meal- cooked breakfast, fish and chips...

Spottyladybird Wed 21-Dec-16 07:16:04

Try some gentle movement to help too- pregnancy yoga helped mine.

sweetchilli77 Wed 21-Dec-16 22:18:34

Done prune juice, did orange Juice, home made smoothies. water.

dynamite will be my next try smile

i love fruit, so will keep on with it . finger crossed.

oldlaundbooth Thu 22-Dec-16 00:50:06

Coffee helps too, only one per day though.

sweetchilli77 Thu 22-Dec-16 04:51:33

I have more than one of those a day too...

Bex134 Thu 22-Dec-16 04:59:34

I find any day I miss a home cooked meal with plenty of veg the constipation is back.. I try to have: weetsbix with raisins for breakfast, smoothie mid morning, soup/ sandwich with fruit for lunch, proper meal with veg in evening.

Oh and if things get stuck I eat a few prunes I hate the taste but they seem to help. Keep experimenting I guess it's individual what will work.

CocoLoco87 Thu 22-Dec-16 05:20:15

I had horrific constipation due to anti sickness tabs when pregnant. Can you try Movicol? It worked for me in 1st pregnancy. I was only going once every 7 - 10 days and it felt like I was trying to pass an elephant.

I sympathise!

Bolshybookworm Thu 22-Dec-16 07:17:42

I sympathise too. I had six months where all my meals consisted of variations of broccoli and brown rice. Not fun!

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Thu 22-Dec-16 11:20:32

Any movement OP? Hope you've managed to 'go'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now