Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

An aching rib but it's not the baby ....

(13 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:33:28

I'm 38 wks and my ribs are aching on the right side and it even aches when I lay down but I don't think it's the baby as his bum is on the other side and much lower down than that..... my urine was checked today and no protein. It aches at the front and back only on the right side. How can I ease this?

Jodie1982 Wed 21-Dec-16 09:36:27

I have this but at the back of the right rib, it burns deep inside and I find myself arching my back with the discomfort. I've mentioned it to mws and docs but they can't advise or help 😕

PberryT Wed 21-Dec-16 09:37:45

I have this at 36 weeks. Lots of moving helps me and rubbing it. Such a wierd pain.

SeashellHoarder Wed 21-Dec-16 12:00:36

Hi Nikki, how are you getting on?

I've just had dd, but I had this in the last few weeks and it was her! It was her little feet getting under my ribs. Not pleasant. No way to stop it either.

Nikki2ol6 Wed 21-Dec-16 12:40:37

It kept waking me up last night I'm so tired today it didn't matter which side I lay on it hurt. However it's completely fine today so I have no idea lol

Nikki2ol6 Fri 23-Dec-16 08:47:55

It's back again and has been since 3am. The other day it was after I ate beans and had indigestion and yesterday I also ate beans and felt sick with indigestion then the rib pain stared again only on the right side. I really have no idea if it's related to the beans or the indigestion. I see my midwife today

Isadora2007 Fri 23-Dec-16 08:49:49

Could it be costochondritis?

bumpmoves.com.au/pregnancy/rib-cage-pain/

Astro55 Fri 23-Dec-16 08:50:22

Could be gall stones - worse after fatty food -

Tobelletoes Fri 23-Dec-16 08:53:39

I don't want to worry you but rib pain and sickeness were signs of preeclampsia for me, if you are at the midwife clinic today please mention it and make sure she tests your urine for protein.

TiddlesUpATree Fri 23-Dec-16 08:54:44

I had something that sounds exactly like this. Turned out to be gallstones. Usually set off by fatty food but trigger can be anything. I hope it's not what it is.

Nikki2ol6 Fri 23-Dec-16 10:10:12

Iv done some googling and i did have a lot of the symptoms of a gallstone attack!! What will the midwife do?

TiddlesUpATree Fri 23-Dec-16 15:24:21

Not sure. With me they just kept telling me it was the baby kicking me. You could push for an ultrasound but treatment options are limited until baby is here. Watch out for yellowing of skin/ eyes and pale stools and very dark pee I think. These could be signs that s stone is blocking the duct. This is usually accompanied by pain, lots of it.

Nikki2ol6 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:40:25

She has given me gaviscon and said it's probs just indigestion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: