Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spotting in early pregnancy

(8 Posts)
SellMySoulForSomeSleep Tue 20-Dec-16 20:35:29

I'm 4weeks +4 today. For the last 24 hours I've had brown spotting and a tight feeling in my stomach. Only a little bit, every time I wipe the loo roll is a bit stained.

I do spot normally before periods and it looks just like that.

I'm a bit freaked out and just looking for reassurance really.
I think it's quite common but I don't remember it in my first pregnancy. (Although I didnt know I was pregnant at this stage last time)

Thanks all.

Murphymoo84 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:14:50

Firstly I'm so sorry your going through this. It's probably fine but I've just seen this so thought I'd post to you xx
www.healthresearch.study/prism-study/

Seahawk80 Wed 21-Dec-16 09:10:54

I had 10 days of spotting from 4 weeks and I was fine. If you can go to an epu I would, they won't be able to see much on a scan but they can check it's not eptopic etc.

I hope it all works out for you - I've had 2 other bleeds with this pregnancy and it's always terrifying but try not to worry.

Djmarbella Wed 21-Dec-16 12:39:03

Hiya, im in the same boat. Thought i was about 8/9 weeks but went to docs yesterday as has more than normal brown spotting (been spotting for 3 weeks) the er doc said im 6+5 weeks and thought he saw a flicker of a heartbeat but said as i have an appointment today with my normal gyno she will check things over. There have been the occasional clots but very small and not all the time. If anyone else has had a good outcome with these symptoms it would put my mind at rest. Ill also let u know later what my gyno says

Djmarbella Wed 21-Dec-16 21:14:18

Looks like bad news for me. Hcg yesterday was 37000 and today 40000, risen but no where near the doubling. Had US and she couldnt see any blood flowing to the embryo. She said this is more than likely the start of a miscarriage 😢 Going to have a second opinion tomorrow but not much hope. I hope you guys have better news and baby dust to u all 💐

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Wed 21-Dec-16 22:01:50

djmarbella I'm so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you. flowers

I'm still spotting. No big clots but still a tiny bit of brown when wiping.

seahawk80 how far along are you now?

Djmarbella Thu 22-Dec-16 16:48:33

Had 2nd opinion today and they confirmed the same. Will have to see if it passes naturally in the next few days if not have a D&C. Slight cramps but no where as bad a period at moment and back to light brown spotting. Guess body will do it in its own time.
SellMySoylForSomeSleep id recommend going to the ER and getting checked. As ive read over the past few weeks spotting in 1st trimester is very very common but never hurts in getting checked and putting your mind at ease. I had no miscarriage symptoms except occational spotting for a couple weeks then Monday evening i had a major cloud of depression come over me and just knew something wasnt right x

Seahawk80 Thu 22-Dec-16 17:15:12

So sorry to hear that djmar flowers take care of yourself.

sell I'm 12 weeks 5 days now. I would get checked out if you can, just to put your mind at rest, but spotting isn't always bad news, I really hope it's ok for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now