Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 scan in the morning....

(7 Posts)
TwinkleStars15 Tue 20-Dec-16 19:33:49

Hi lovely ladies,

I've got my 12 week scan at 8.30am and am completely bricking it! sad I had a scan at 7+6 and all was well but I'm feeling unbelievably nervous that something will be wrong, they won't find a heartbeat etc. I know this is normal and you've all probably felt nervous so I'm no different but wondered, can anyone reassure me with some statistics of seeing a heartbeat at 8 weeks and things being okay now?

I want to enjoy pregnancy but jeez it's stressful isn't it?! flowers

CastleFeck Tue 20-Dec-16 19:39:45

The odds are massively in your favour. If you've already seen a heart beat you've got over a 90% chance of it all being fine tomorrow.

It's normal to worry, good luck.

Alb1 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:08:31

I found this website when obsessing about the same thing, I believe the chances are less than 2%. Fingers crossed for you tomorrow!

datayze.com/miscarriage-chart.php

Helbelle75 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:17:36

I was exactly the same. Had a scan at 10 weeks, all good. Petrified at both 12 and 20 week scans. Baby is fine, perfect in fact, so all is well.
Perfectly understandable to be nervous. I've spent most of my pregnancy feeling anxious about something or other!
Good luck tomorrow.

TwinkleStars15 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:43:16

Thank you for the reassurance! flowers And thank you Alb1 for the link, I had a look. My god it's a stressful time. I keep saying that I'll chill out and relax after this scan but knowing me I'll just worry about something else, like the next scan! Good luck to you all x

Helbelle75 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:56:36

I'might 24 weeks now and have been feeling fairly consistent movement s8nce 18 weeks, so it's easier then. I've bought a kick counter wristband to reduce anxiety there as Well!

Nikki2ol6 Tue 20-Dec-16 22:01:26

I think the chance of a miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat at 8wks goes from 1in4 to 1in16. So that's a lot better isn't it! Try not to worry I'm sure all is fine and yea after the scan once your symptoms vanish as they usually do at 12wks but you are yet to feel movement you will worry again lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now