Talk

Advanced search

10 week scan tomorrow - nervous

(19 Posts)
Newbie10 Tue 20-Dec-16 15:48:46

I have been very nervous about my pregnancy, I have heard so many sad stories and so many friends and family who have had miscarriages that we decided to have a scan at 10 weeks. The scan is now tomorrow and I am very nervous. I am also not sure what to expect, will it be an internal scan or a normal ultra sound? If it is internal is it really uncomfortable? I have got very sore boobs and been feeling and been sick which I am hoping are all really good signs but I can't help but feel very anxious still. We also want to tell family over Christmas so I am hoping this is the right thing to do even though I will only be 11 weeks.

FrizzBombDelight Tue 20-Dec-16 15:55:10

It'll be a normal ultrasound. It is normal to feel the way you do and the hormones don't help! I was told all my symptoms were a sign of a strong pregnancy so lease try not to worry as it won't change anything. Good luck!!

FrizzBombDelight Tue 20-Dec-16 15:59:47

Also, mainly due to my sickness, my work and family all found out around 7-8weeks. I hate how there is a perceived correct time to tell people, do what is right for you!

Newbie10 Tue 20-Dec-16 16:50:11

Thank you, I am so relieved it will be a normal one. I know I need to get used to people poking around down there but I am not sure I am ready for that yet.

It has been so hard to hide it from people and I am certain so many people will say: 'I knew it' when we do tell them!

FrizzBombDelight Tue 20-Dec-16 17:09:22

The last midwife I seen was lovely and reminded me that at no point did I have to do anything I didn't want to do, sometimes we need reminding! It can feel like you have lost control of your body when you don't know what is going on in there. Internal scans aren't actually that bad and might give you more info, if it's offered you should consider! In a regular scan you won't see much more than a blob at 10weeks, but it's your blob smile

eastcoastmum2014 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:40:22

As others have said it will be a normal ultrasound. I had a scan with my now almost 2 yr old DD at 8 weeks and it was a normal one- just a blob with a heart beat but the best blob I have ever seen!!! 😊 Good luck and enjoy xx

froglou Tue 20-Dec-16 18:52:28

I think it's different for different hospitals as I had a scan at 8 weeks and it was internal, if it is there's nothing to worry about it doesn't hurt and is only mildly uncomfortable at the time. If it is an internal and you're planning on going out afterwards go home first and change underwear or bring a spare pair of knickers other wise you'll end up walking around with lots of the ultrasound jelly in your knickers!

Helbelle75 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:56:17

We had a reassurance scan at 10 weeks and it was a normal ultrasound. Baby was easy to see on the screen as was the heartbeat. Best moment of my life so far!

Newbie10 Wed 21-Dec-16 08:48:24

Thank you all, really appreciate your comments and has definitely helped me to feel less anxious... just a few hours at work today and then hopefully I will get to see my blob with a heartbeat :-) Hoping it makes this all a lot more real as well!

FrizzBombDelight Wed 21-Dec-16 09:54:29

Good luck and let us know how it goes! Xx

haveacupoftea Wed 21-Dec-16 10:14:42

You'll not get an internal scan at this stage. It will be fine! Good luck!

Newbie10 Thu 22-Dec-16 10:10:50

All went really well, babies heartbeat is really healthy and he/she was moving around and wriggling so much. It was just incredible! Found it all very emotional and even cried in Tesco's afterwards I was a bit overwhelmed! I have a cyst on one of my ovaries but hoping that is normal and will go away by itself. The detail you could see already was amazing and I can't wait to see our little peanut again in 3 weeks time!

FrizzBombDelight Thu 22-Dec-16 11:31:01

Amazing news, delighted for you! The change you will see in three weeks is unbelievable. It's all so exciting!

Libbylove2015 Thu 22-Dec-16 11:41:56

Glad all went well for you, how exciting! I will be 8+6 on Saturday, we have a scan at Mothercare booked. Feeling as nervous as you were so your story has really helped, thanks.

Newbie10 Thu 22-Dec-16 12:21:54

Thank you! I am very excited, it is helping with the anxiety. Although I am not sure it will ever disappear until I am holding the baby. :-)

Good luck on Saturday Libbylove , it does help to see you little one on the screen. Makes it all very real - although take some tissues if you are an emotional wreck like me! :-)

Libbylove2015 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:43:24

Thanks, I am so I will!

Libbylove2015 Wed 28-Dec-16 13:07:22

Just wanted to pop in and say we had the scan and it was amazing- nice strong heartbeat and all as it should be.

Highly recommend getting one before the NHS 12 week scan - we are still not out of the woods yet I know, but I feel much happier seeing that everything at this stage is OK.

Newbie10 Thu 29-Dec-16 16:19:17

That is great news! So happy that everything went well for you! When is your due date?
Our 12 week scan isn't until I am actually 13 weeks so I am so pleased we did it. I can't wait to see our little peanut again. I am still a little anxious but I think after the next scan I will feel more confident!

Littlejayx Thu 29-Dec-16 17:03:36

I've just had my 12 week ! It's one of the best feelings in the world seeing the little wiggler on the screen isn't it.
Congrats grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now