Talk

Advanced search

16wks extreme tiredness... advice?

(7 Posts)
FrizzBombDelight Tue 20-Dec-16 14:50:13

I am 16weeks pregnant and totally zonked all day everyday. I get a good 8hours every night but wake up feeling like I haven't slept. I can't concentrate on anything in work and have zero motivation to do anything outside of work. I'm boring and getting fat and just want to curl up in to a ball and doze. What can I do to get a bit more energy?!

MoonlightMojitos Tue 20-Dec-16 19:06:06

Have you seen your midwife since your booking bloods? You could be anaemic?

I'm also 16 (+6) and still very tired by the end of the day but not as exhausted as you sound during the day. I'm having 9-10 hours a night! I also find going for a quick walk after work wakes me up before dinner (no, i dont want to go but force myself!). I'm not sure what to suggest sorry but hope it gets better soon.

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Tue 20-Dec-16 19:52:33

I feel like that all the way through to be honest. I think I felt ok for about a week somewhen in the middle but otherwise just overwhelmingly exhausted. It's rubbish but you just have to listen to your body and take it easy as much as possible.

FrizzBombDelight Tue 20-Dec-16 21:44:29

No bloods since booking... I wonder when the next batch are due? Outside of work I'm happy to take it easy (although I must force those walks on myself too) but staying focused in work, well, just doesn't happen. I get so little done and it's only a matter of time before it gets noticed sad

LHReturns Tue 20-Dec-16 21:48:11

OP how is your hydration?

I had Hyperemesis for my first trimester and didn't realise that I hadn't got my fluids back up to proper level after it passed. I was feeling exhausted and also very sick for all 24 hours a day. I also wasn't going to the loo during the day at all! I just didn't put it all together!

I am now 17 weeks and was recently diagnosed with chronic dehydration, and after two days of a lot of Diarolyte in 2 litres of water (per day) I was feeling like an almost new person.

Is that a possibility? Do you wee regularly during the day and is it pale yellow or almost clear? If yes then I am probably wide of the mark. But if you don't wee much and it is dark orange etc then maybe?

Just another idea for you.

FrizzBombDelight Tue 20-Dec-16 21:50:28

Thanks but all seems to be ok in that area.

wonderwoo Tue 20-Dec-16 22:39:10

I was like that and turns out I was anaemic. Perfectly possible to have become anaemic since your booking bloods were taken. I would phone gp or midwife and ask for a test, no need to wait until your next appointment if you are feeling that bad. I felt so much better once the iron had taken effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now