Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else near the end and need to take daily naps?

(11 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Tue 20-Dec-16 13:09:49

I'm 38wks and find myself nodding off around lunch time. I feel my eyes closing and off I go lol. If I keep busy to avoid it, then it happens after I pick my kids up from school and I get back home before making their food. So basically I need a nap and it's now every single day! Anyone else this bad?

MagpieCursedTea Tue 20-Dec-16 13:36:25

I'm 37+6 and feeling very sleepy! I keeping waking up around 5am though and struggling to get back to sleep. Quite looking forward to baby being born as if it's anything like last time, my sleep will be interrupted more often but it'll be much better quality!

wilfrhodes Tue 20-Dec-16 19:32:36

38+3 here and can't sleep at night, eyelids drooping shut during the day.

i think it is nature's way of preparing for broken sleep patterns to come!

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Tue 20-Dec-16 19:48:21

Yep. 35+1 and cream crackered. I am fighting the dry grainy droopy eyed feeling with the slight disorientation and dizziness from about 1.30pm daily. Naps are ace when they happen but then I can't get to sleep at night so wake up more tired in the morning after being pummelled by the 5yo through the night and up umpteen times for a wee

TerriB84 Wed 21-Dec-16 08:11:13

magpie I could have written your post! I'm currently 37+5 and only finished work last Friday. Since I started my maternity I've been waking up ridiculously early and not being able to get back to sleep. I then spend the afternoon feeling exhausted.

ChristmasSeacow Wed 21-Dec-16 10:52:21

I am only 13 weeks but I have needed a nap since about 6 weeks! I am waking in the night, which isn't helping. I am hoping it passes soon....

PeachBellini123 Wed 21-Dec-16 13:34:16

I'm 39 weeks and have a nap in the afternoons otherwise I feel dreadful.

scrumptiouscrumpets Wed 21-Dec-16 14:08:53

I had a nap every single day of my second pregnancy (and some naps.were over an hour!)

Nikki2ol6 Wed 21-Dec-16 14:44:25

I barely slept last night because of some rib pains and I feel dreadful today 😩

Mouse14 Thu 22-Dec-16 16:16:31

Oh ladies, I feel your pain. Currently 11 weeks and just need to sleep. Out for DP's work party tonight- I'm obviously the driver and am currently trying to make up an excuse to get out of it. Just want my bed, giant Toblerone and Christmas film....

MuppetsChristmasCarol Thu 22-Dec-16 16:38:11

The cat and I used to have regular middle of the afternoon naps together. If you can, I would recommend!

I'm finding it hard to nap now the baby is here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now