Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm a horrible unbearable person

(24 Posts)
GlasgowGeorgie Mon 19-Dec-16 17:50:32

Hi everyone, I'm 5+3 and today I have been on the verge of tears all day. And I've been more irritable than I've ever been in my life. Everything is annoying me and I just want to cry - should I be feeling like that at this early stage?? Please tell me I can blame this on hormones because it's so unlike me and I feel terrible sad

Should also say I am delighted about my first pg!!! But if this keeps up I won't have any friends or colleagues left by the time I can actually tell them why I've been so cranky...

NavyandWhite Mon 19-Dec-16 17:52:33

Huge hormonal surge. Things will calm down soon. Just be kind to yourself.

Congratulations brewcake

LeSquigh Mon 19-Dec-16 17:58:05

Very normal. Mine has calmed down quite a bit since about 12 weeks. I won't go into just how irritable and unreasonable and cross I was at that stage because I could probably be arrested confused

Bauble16 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:00:02

Oh gosh I found it horrific back then. Crying for no reason, exhausted, felt so sick and irritable. I've been miles better since 9 weeks thank God. Hold on and remember it will pass smile

ElspethFlashman Mon 19-Dec-16 18:01:04

The first 12 weeks are HELL. Chin up. Be nice to yourself.

drinkyourmilk Mon 19-Dec-16 18:16:46

I was irritable and irrational for the first 9 weeks or so. Now 25 weeks and all I do is cry! grin

GlasgowGeorgie Mon 19-Dec-16 18:25:41

Aw goodness you're all so lovely and kind that I'm crying AGAIN. Can't wait for this stage to be over, I'm a pure wreck! DH doesnt know what to do grin

Pisghetti Mon 19-Dec-16 18:44:39

I'm 5 weeks almost exactly and I was really spoiling for a fight all weekend blush this is #3 for me but the first time I've felt like this!

buckyou Mon 19-Dec-16 19:09:51

I'm a fairly horrible person during pregnancy. I tend to stay away from people where possible!

TheTantrumCometh Mon 19-Dec-16 19:28:54

Things do calm down. I actually get like that a few days before my period is due, too. It's that feeling that absolutely everything in the world is pissing you off and it builds and builds until you snap over something stupidly minor fblush

I now tell people if I'm feeling like that and just say "sorry, everything is annoying me at the moment. I just need a minute." I don't tell them so that I can say what I want and justify it. I'm still 100% accountable for my shitty behaviour, but just telling people I feel like that usually helps me snap out of it and I don't run the risk of being rude to anyone. And people are usually pretty good at giving you a bit of space if you say.

It's hugely frustrating (for us and our nearest and dearest) though

Sparklyuggs Mon 19-Dec-16 19:35:56

I'm a complete moody whinger at 8+2. I actually laid down on the dinner table and started howling I don't feeeeeeeeel well in the middle of dinner proper melodramatic teenage style even though I'm 30. Luckily my family all know I'm pg or I would have been told to grow up blush instead I got a pat on the back and a cup of tea.

I think it's hormones and I hope it passes.

PollytheDolly Mon 19-Dec-16 20:03:19

Not quite the same but I had hormone problems on BC. I was a complete and utter bastard.

Had to come off it.

Yours is temporary. Hang on in there wink

haveacupoftea Mon 19-Dec-16 20:37:26

I had to take 4 days off work between conceiving and finding out I was pregnant because I was such a moody hateful cow I couldn't face the world grin it gets easier in a few weeks when the placenta starts to grow

NovaArt3mis Tue 20-Dec-16 05:42:27

sparkly that made me laugh a lot. I'm 4+2 and got my first ever bfp yesterday. Also happened to catch norovirus on the same day and I feel like just moaning I don't feeeeeel well constantly.

pklme Tue 20-Dec-16 08:36:09

On another thread a poster got flamed for saying she was 'being a bit hormonal' at the moment. I understand their concern, but really, when you feel like you do, it's hard to work out which way is up! Hang in there, it will settle, and it is your prerogative.

NiceFalafels Tue 20-Dec-16 08:37:57

Quick fix. Lie on the floor and concentrate on breathing in and out slowly. Think of a word like peace or stillness.

Also walk. Get out in the country. Clear your head

NavyandWhite Tue 20-Dec-16 08:38:01

Was she pregnant pklme?

pklme Tue 20-Dec-16 10:39:25

I think so. At least, she said she was 'very hormonal' so whether pregnant or not her hormones were making it harder to cope than usual. Of course it doesn't mean that she had no reason to be upset/angry- just that she was finding it hard to judge if she had things in perspective.

Other people dismissing you because you are 'being hormonal' is of course outrageous.

Sorry for the derail, OP.

TallyHoAndToodlePip Tue 20-Dec-16 10:50:36

I had one of three moods for the first 12 weeks: moodier than a teenager, weepier than the weepiest thing on the planet or angrier than The Hulk! Tbh though I was mostly The Hulk and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it. I felt possessed at times! blush

Like PP have said, It gets better, we promise! smile

Sparklyuggs Tue 20-Dec-16 15:25:44

nova I'm glad! I'm such a nightmare to be around, yesterday was a crying day- cried when DH went to work and then cried when a family friend bought their dog over because it was very cute. Slightly less irritating than epic whingeing grin

eastcoastmum2014 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:49:13

My boss figured out I was pregnant because I was so grumpy and irrational with this pregnancy 😂 Don't worry and definitely don't beat yourself up for it, your body is going through some serious changes and your hormones have gone crazy ... You cant help it flowers

DamsonGinIsMyThing Tue 20-Dec-16 18:53:40

I'm 11 weeks now but I'd say right from conceiving until 9 weeks I was a complete hormonal fucking bitch.
Crying one minute, laughing the next, or both at the same time.
DP cleverly just smiled, nodded, satisfied my insatiable desire for satsumas and apologised for things that weren't his fault just to keep the peace.

Admittedly I did have a bit of a hormonal/anxiety flare up the other day because I'm feeling too well for a pregnant woman confused

GlasgowGeorgie Tue 20-Dec-16 20:23:14

Ha, all of you have made me so much better. I find myself swaying between insanely happy, to wanting to kill ALL THE THINGS, to crying until my fave swells up.

Example: I cried this morning because my dog growled at another dog. Then laughed at how insane I was being. Then got angry at DH for laughing with me.

These threads keep me sane.

NauseousNancy Tue 20-Dec-16 21:44:51

I am 15 weeks now and things have definitely levelled out a little. It's normal - I still cry at almost everything but the rage has definitely settled!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now