Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I feel sick and have a burning/uncomfortable feeling high up in my stomach

(9 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Mon 19-Dec-16 17:33:13

I'm almost 38wks and for a couple of hours have been feeling sick!! Like I'm going to vomit. But I haven't yet. There is almost a burning like heart burn but lower down than where I normally get it. Is this indigestion?

Tinyhumanjan17 Mon 19-Dec-16 19:18:57

It sounds like heartburn/acid reflux. Iv been suffering with it for a couple weeks. Get some gaviscon or similar! I have the asda own version was like 3 quid cheaper than gaviscon and works just as well!!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Mon 19-Dec-16 19:22:01

Ranitidine is also good, brand name is Zantac.

PeachBellini123 Mon 19-Dec-16 19:36:00

Yep that's acid reflux. Definitely get some medication. Lying down makes it worse so try and prop your head up. It's horrible you have my sympathies.

Nikki2ol6 Mon 19-Dec-16 20:02:13

Thanx everyone it seamed to fade off and I felt hungry so had a blown of cereal and it has came back again 😩

PeachBellini123 Mon 19-Dec-16 20:44:13

It's because baby's taking up more room. Try and eat little and often. But honestly medication is the only way to go - I say that from experience sad

phoebe2016 Tue 20-Dec-16 15:29:36

Hiya. Definitely acid reflux/indigestion. I suffered from it terribly with my last pregnancy. Dr prescribed me a huge bottle of Gaviscon and advised to drink milk and try to sleep with pillows propped under you, to raise chest and head up. Unfortunately it won't get better until baby is here as all your organs are being squashed by the pregnancy. Best of luck. Hope it eases!

Nikki2ol6 Tue 20-Dec-16 15:43:10

It woke me up during the night and I had pain in my upper back with it too and kept burping which tasted awful and burning my throat! Feel much better today so far so I hope it was a one off kind of thing off the beans I ate for lunch

tissuesosoft Tue 20-Dec-16 15:46:10

Yogurt or mini milk ice lollies helped me before bed, hate drinking milk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now