Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

any tips for turning back to back baby?

(14 Posts)
thecatsarecrazy Mon 19-Dec-16 14:01:14

Been for midwife check today and she thinks baby is back to back at the moment. Still time to move but really would like to avoid this again. My youngest was b2b and it was an awful birth. What can I do to get baby to turn?

Snowflakes1122 Mon 19-Dec-16 16:55:21

When my dd2 was back to back I was advised by my pregnancy yoga instructor to sit on a birthing ball rather than the sofa.

Also getting down on all fours is meant to encourage them to turn.

Good luck

TheInterruptingSheep Mon 19-Dec-16 16:59:14

I was advised by my midwife to be more active, eg get scrubbing at the skirting boards and on my hands and knees to clean the kitchen floor to try and get mine to move, which I did anyway.

Good luck OP!

Lucinda15 Mon 19-Dec-16 17:08:50

Reflexology!

Katie0907 Mon 19-Dec-16 19:08:22

My dd was back to back when I went into labour and the midwife had me on all fours and she had turned by the times she was born.

SpinMyBaby Mon 19-Dec-16 19:17:44

Take a look at spinningbabies.com for exercises etc. I bought the daily exercise video and found it great. DC2 had turned from back to back before labour and although I obviously can't say what caused that, I can't help thinking the exercises helped.

Princesspinkgirl Tue 20-Dec-16 09:00:37

I also have a back to back baby as far as I know I'm 39+2 and won't see midwife again till Thursday to know if baby is still in that postion fhmm

TanteJeanne Tue 20-Dec-16 09:46:03

Mine turned of his own accord about 6 hours before labour started (4 days before due date). I did as much on all fours as I could but it wasn't much- it was too tiring! I remember sitting on the sofa and there was lots of internal squirming and he'd turned himself

Heirhelp Tue 20-Dec-16 12:01:36

Take a look at the spinning babies website

zzzzz Tue 20-Dec-16 12:05:07

4 out of 5 of mine were b2b and not all the labours were hard. Try not to worry if the baby doesn't turn, my second birth particularly was a doddle.

Pisghetti Tue 20-Dec-16 12:38:33

First baby - spent hours on my hands and knees varnishing a wooden floor. Second baby - instead of sitting on the sofa I kneeled on the floor leaning forward over a birthing ball to watch telly/read or whatever.

mikado1 Tue 20-Dec-16 12:49:39

Spinning babies!

Also all fours with head below hip level-like leaning down off bed onto hands and for best chance do ut when baby's awake. Good luck!

Becciilouisex3 Tue 20-Dec-16 14:49:16

There are tricks like sitting on your birthing ball and rotating your hips and getting on all fours but they don't necessarily work 100% of the time so, just a heads up to ask for all the pain relief you can get if you start experiencing a back labour!!

My DS was facing my hip right up until I went into labour by which time he was back to back but for the last few weeks I'd been on my birthing ball to avoid this happening! Good luck and I hope something works for you x

thecatsarecrazy Tue 20-Dec-16 20:13:47

Thank you everyone. I got a ball today so will give that a go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now