Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37 weeks and baby moving on stop

(13 Posts)
Donna37Orl Mon 19-Dec-16 09:58:10

Hello,
I'm 37 weeks and my baby is sooo active! I thought she would have slowed down by now by the last few days it's been almost unbearable :/. It hurts and makes my legs tense up pretty much at all times. There is not a single position I can get comfortable. Could you please let me know if anyone gone through the same annoyance??? I mean it's great she's so strong but I wish it wasn't this tense! Thank you.

SmellySphinx Mon 19-Dec-16 10:04:39

I think I'm growing a world champ kick boxer, so I know where you're at! 32 weeks and ever since I could feel her move it has been almost as if she has a titanium skeleton. How can something so small be so...violent?!?!
All I can suggest is rocking or palming down the little, or not so little, limbs, legs and whatever else there seems to be in there. She's full on disco, boogie nights, Russian dancing, ninja chopping my insides day and night!

SmellySphinx Mon 19-Dec-16 10:07:17

None of my suggestions actually work for me to be honest and whatever I poke back in just pops right back out, HARD!
Sorry :/
I do feel your pain though

SmellySphinx Mon 19-Dec-16 10:10:17

AND, and and and...she keeps getting hiccups. Like, right now. Again!
This is my 3rd and the other two were really not this strong as far as I can remember. Maybe it's because I've been 'stretched' before...? I dunno, whatever she's doing I fully expect her to be in party mode 24/7 when she is out too

TallulahBetty Mon 19-Dec-16 10:12:06

First off - they aren't supposed to slow down at the end, so the fact she hasn't is a good thing. But if she has started moving a lot more than normal, can I suggest you get checked out? Any change of movement needs to be checked over, even though I'm sure it'll be nothing. Good luck x

SmellySphinx Mon 19-Dec-16 10:14:06

I think the OP means she thinks the movements ought to have slowed down because there isn't as much room?

TallulahBetty Mon 19-Dec-16 10:15:37

Ah ok. Well that's not the case. The type of movement may change at the end, as they run out of room (more rolls and pushed rather than kicks) but the number of then shouldn't lessen smile

TallulahBetty Mon 19-Dec-16 10:16:08

Pushes* them*

Donna37Orl Mon 19-Dec-16 10:30:46

Yes. That's really what I meant haha. Not as in decrease but like since there is no space I hopped she'll easy out ;)

SmellySphinx Mon 19-Dec-16 10:36:11

It feels more like writhing and rolling doesn't it as you get towards the finish line as it were

Wonderflonium Mon 19-Dec-16 10:38:46

When it gets too painful for me (which is a lot of the time) I do pelvic tilts and other stuff like that to make more room in my belly and relax the muscles. Not much help when the baby headbutts/punches my crotch but works for the belly stuff!

Donna37Orl Mon 19-Dec-16 10:45:49

Yes - it feels like she's rolling her head and tenses her back - at least every now and then I get a proper punch - I have a c-section booked for the 2nd of Jan - I dunno how that can last for two more weeks :P

PeachBellini123 Mon 19-Dec-16 14:41:18

I get up and move around. I'm 38 weeks and his movements can be really painful. He loves punching my hip and kicking my ribs hmm

Are we going to remind them the pain they put us through when they are older? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now