Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What are they looking for on a 6 weeks scan

(14 Posts)
mistletoeprickles Mon 19-Dec-16 07:39:28

I have a history of reoccurring miscarriage so this pregnancy I'm being poked a lot!
I was scanned last week which showed a sac which they said was all they expected to see at that stage.
So my question is what will they be hoping for today? Google gives a wide range with some seeing a heartbeat and other just a slightly larger sac

kezmarie Mon 19-Dec-16 07:44:46

I had a 7+0 last week and was able to see the yolk sac, the fetal pole was there and I could see the heartbeat. The baby just looks like a baked bean at this stage.
Good luck!

Gardenbirdy Mon 19-Dec-16 07:46:13

I think they'll just be looking for growth since last week, as it's still quite early days. Hope all goes well, I'm in a similar situation myself flowers

InTheDessert Mon 19-Dec-16 07:47:34

DS1 was just a sac at 6 weeks. DS2 had a heartbeat at 6+1.
I think they will get looking to see if the sac has developed since last week - so grown and maybe developed a heartbeat.

I hope you are enjoying newborn snuggles in 8 months time. flowers

mistletoeprickles Mon 19-Dec-16 07:53:58

Thank you all.
It's a bit of a rough time but I have a good amount of symtoms and feel pregnant.
Hopefully my sac is bigger today and we continue on the right track

Nikki2ol6 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:32:15

Iv had a lot of early scans ranging from 5 weeks and the earlier I have seen a baby is 5wks 3days he measured 2mm and had a heart beat. He's 3 now! At 6 weeks exactly I would expect to see at least a sac and yolk sac

beck3001 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:39:47

Keep us updated!
I have my first early scan on Friday for the same reasons!
I hope it goes well!

BagelDog Mon 19-Dec-16 09:40:32

First scan is to check number and location of pregnancies and to get a baseline measurement. Second one is to check growth trajectory, development (so fetal pole, yolk sac etc) and possibly a heartbeat. Tend to find you keep having them weekly tillyou see a heartbeat, then assuming the growth looks ok you then wait to illthe usual 12 week scan. Took three scans with my last one, good growth but no heartbeat at the second scan so they booked a third. Hope allgoes well today x

jerryfudd Mon 19-Dec-16 09:42:59

I have to have early scans with all pregnancies and they are basically looking for everything to be in correct place for me as having previously suffered an ectopic

mistletoeprickles Mon 19-Dec-16 19:48:54

My scan was fine, everything has grown from last week. I have a yolk and a fetal pole so definately on the right track

Gardenbirdy Mon 19-Dec-16 21:41:12

That's great news Mistletoe! fsmile

InTheDessert Tue 20-Dec-16 03:12:44

👍

Fieldsandgrasses Tue 20-Dec-16 05:28:41

Great news!

SleepFreeZone Tue 20-Dec-16 08:03:35

👍

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now