Talk

Advanced search

Doesn't feel real...

(8 Posts)
JustmumR Mon 19-Dec-16 01:13:43

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone else feels the same. I got my bfp last week and I was excited for a day or so now it just doesn't seem real! I want to feel happy and excited but I'm constantly expecting the worst. I am roughly 5 weeks and have had constant dull ache/cramps. I'm too nervous to go to the doc incase they tell me there's been a mistake and I'm not actually pregnant. I know I'm being crazy... anyone else? X

MmmMalbec Mon 19-Dec-16 06:12:55

Is this your first? I got my BFP with my second on Thursday and it's definitely not totally sunk in yet! But with my first I had horrendous anxiety all the way through. I totally obsessed over everything that might go wrong. So this time, I am stepping away from google, I don't read any threads about losses etc, and I am just focusing on trying to relax and enjoy as much as I can. I'm not naive and I know things happen, but worrying won't change that at all.

It's really hard though I know. Congratulations and try and enjoy what you can!

Bumbleclat Mon 19-Dec-16 07:20:18

Congratulations!
I had two sets of period cramps and small bleeds in week five then week ten of pregnancy and all was absolutely fine, if you're worried go and have an early scan at the hospital but they told me that cramping and bleeding can be normal in first trimester.

MissClarke86 Mon 19-Dec-16 07:27:41

Congratulations. Your feelings are completely normal! I spent most of the time up until my 12 week scan worrying she hadn't developed properly, then a week worrying about Down syndrome screening, then 8 weeks worrying they'd find an abnormality at the 20 week scan, then another few weeks worrying about lack of movement.

I'm 29 weeks now and have finally stopped worrying about the baby and started to realise that in 11 weeks there'll be a real life baby here - when did that's happen!?

MissClarke86 Mon 19-Dec-16 07:28:59

If you're really anxious, you can book a private early scan for about £60 most places. If you aim for about 8 weeks it breaks up the wait and starts to look like an actual baby which helps you stop worrying so much. Also miscarriage rates drop significantly after they see a heartbeat.

Abrahamkin Mon 19-Dec-16 08:28:05

For me it didn't seem real till DS was actually here! I couldn't even get excited about buying stuff for him! Luckily my DH stepped in and sorted everything out (I hate shopping, he can tolerate it).

eastcoastmum2014 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:13:42

Haha I did 9 pregnancy tests with my first!! I had barely any symptoms to begin with and genuinely thought it was my imagination!!! I didn't truly believe it until I had a bleed at 8 weeks and had a scan which showed a little bean with a heart beat (now a happy healthy almost two year old!). I'm 33 weeks with dc2 and despite more symptoms I still didn't believe it until my 12 week scan! Its completely normal don't worry xx

haveacupoftea Mon 19-Dec-16 16:12:27

16 weeks here, many positive hpts,3 scans later and heard heartbeat last week, still feel like a fraud when I talk about my pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now