Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramps right after the big O....

(7 Posts)
NewMum26 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:42:11

Is it normal to experience a right cramping across your lower abdomen after having Orgasm?

NewMum26 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:43:36

That's meant to say slight not right lol

Lunalovepud Sun 18-Dec-16 22:06:23

Yep - sometimes it can give little braxton hicks - complete harmless. Belly goes as hard as a bowling ball then fine a minute or so later.

Speak to your midwife if you are worried of course but if it helps you to relax in the short term, with DC1 it happened to me a few times. Not every time though. wink

NewMum26 Sun 18-Dec-16 22:10:30

Thanks for replying! Yea that's exactly what happened my tummy went really hard for a few minutes or so with slight cramping! So strange when you've not been pregnant before and feel something new for the first time you wonder if it's normal or not lol. I'm. 20 Weeks forgot to say smile

Lunalovepud Sun 18-Dec-16 22:23:57

I think mine started around then too... Might be TMI but I found it happened less if I was on top or on my side. Something about laying on my back seemed to set it off.

Maybe that's why I don't remember it happening later on actually - couldn't lay on my back after a while as the baby squished my insides! wink

Bumbleclat Mon 19-Dec-16 07:22:52

Yes definitely, especially early on in the pregnancy..

MissClarke86 Mon 19-Dec-16 07:24:29

Yep normal and harmless.

Apparently your uterus muscles always do that when you orgasm you're just not aware of it because they're smaller and tighter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now