Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Implant out, am I pregnant?

(6 Posts)
user1481056843 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:09:58

Hey ladies, new on here and need some advice! Had my implant out 10 days ago and now wanting a baby, I'm having lots of pregnancy symptoms but is it too soon? I didn't realise until reading on here that you needed to have used additional contraception 7 days before removing the implant, which I didn't. 4 days ago I started what I thought was my AF but it was very light and brown, it only lasted 2 1/2 days, (implementation bleeding?) have also been feeling very sick over the last 2 days, had cramps, backache and headaches. Took a test and negative. I know it seems very soon but I got pregnant with my LO last time 2 weeks after removal. Do you think it's too early to take a test, is it in my head or is my body adjusting? How soon should I take another test and which is the best one to use? I have no idea when I'm due my AF as didn't really have them on the implant. Anyone experienced this? Thanks

haveacupoftea Sun 18-Dec-16 20:17:43

If you have enough hcg in your system to cause symptoms, you'll have enough for a positive hpt so take a test and see.

user1481056843 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:55:04

Took one today but negative, assuming this means not pregnant? I have read so much but it's so confusing as different sites say different things.

user1480264544 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:44:48

Hi I had my implant out in June 2014 and was having what I thought was having normal symptoms exactly as you explain your feeling. My doctor said it's all completely normal.. I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl in May 2015!! I found out I was actually pregnant the whole time in February 2015... and it seemed my pregnancy symptoms were the same as to be expected after removing the implant.. I don't know if this helps but see your gp if you haven't already because it can be easily missed x

user1481056843 Mon 19-Dec-16 17:29:12

Thanks I'm going to do another test next week so fingers crossed. With my first I did not know I was pregnant until 11 weeks as I didn't even have AF after the implant came out, I didn't expect it to happen so quickly the first time and wasn't looking for any signs.

hcdann Sun 09-Jul-17 00:32:02

I know this thread has been open a while- but just interested to see how this turned out? I am in the same boat now - had implant out late June and was due to ovulate shortly after (I have had regular periods whilst on the implant) - I have been regularly dtd as me and dh are ttc. I have had pregnancy symptoms more or less since trying - don't know if these are linked to coming off the implant or are actually pregnancy symptoms - not sure I would see symptoms this soon? Any help thoughts or similar experiences would be gratefully received 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now