Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding while pregnant

(37 Posts)
Weemoon88 Sun 18-Dec-16 17:23:00

Hi there I am just under 8 weeks pregnant according to my last period. I have had a lot of abdomen pain and been bleeding since this morning. Anyone else has this and is it anything to worry about? Due to announce our pregnancy Xmas day and now scared to incase I'm losing it

FellOutOfBed2wice Sun 18-Dec-16 17:25:35

I had heavy and very worrying bleeding from week 4 until around week 13, and my daughter is now a very bonny four month old. Equally I have known people to bleed a similar amount and miscarry. I don't think there's much rhyme or reason to it. I never had any cramping with my bleeding, I think that's a good sign. Fingers crossed for you.

MouseLove Sun 18-Dec-16 17:25:38

Yes it's something to worry about. Get yourself to A&E. x take care.

Dizzywizz Sun 18-Dec-16 17:26:06

Do you have a midwife yet? If so call them urgently, if not then non emergency NHS number or walk in clinic? Sorry I'm not really sure but didn't want to read and run, and that is what I would do.
I am hoping everything is ok for you, but I can see why you are worried. FWIW, I bled early with ds1, with clots and pain, and all was ok in that case so I'm hoping this is the case for you (())

Passmethecrisps Sun 18-Dec-16 17:26:43

Hi weemoon.

Any sort of blood is worrying but would you say it was bleeding (so requiring a pad) or spotting (really just when you wipe)?

Spotting is very common and need not be an indicator of anything going wrong. Bleeds can also be related to other things.

In your circumstances I would call EPU and see if you can be booked in for a scan. They will be happy to reassure you I am sure.

sweetchilli77 Sun 18-Dec-16 18:50:41

i bled at 11,13 and 15 weeks. Last two bleeds where very significant and was advised it would probably end in misscarry.

i went to EPU with every bleed, i bypassed A&E and just phoned them and was told when to come in. I am also resus negative so any bleeding i had I needed anti D injections.

I had a scan with all bleeds, the day after but always was scanned. Luckily everything was fine and baby doing well. They couldn't give an explanation.

Although its common it something you should treat with caution and get checked out.

Just to add also i had slight cramps and discomfort down below but i believe a lot of that was stretching etc.

Fingers crossed your LO will be ok

Whatsername17 Sun 18-Dec-16 18:57:29

You need to get checked out. The early pregnancy unit will scan you. If the bleeding is heavy and cramps painful then it is not likely to be good news. I'm sorry to be blunt - I had a mc at 13 weeks in January. We were due to make the announcement Christmas day too but had an early scan to get the photos for the announcement and discovered our baby had died. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it's just 'one of those things' and that everything turns out fine. flowers

haveacupoftea Sun 18-Dec-16 20:32:35

Ring EPU first thing tomorrow and get a scan. Cramps and bleeding together isn't a good sign, but you wont know for sure until you are scanned. A&E won't be able to do anything for you if you are miscarrying so there isn't much point going there tonight.

Weemoon88 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:44:29

Thank you everyone for your advice. We went to triage lastnight and got sent home as I wasn't soaking pads and she didn't think my pain was significant enough. There was also no scanning facilities at this time. I was advised to go home take some paracetamol and get the hot water bottle out and phone early pregnancy unit this morning. I did all of the above and I now have to wait till 12pm tomorrow for a scan. I am still bleeding and I still have pain in my stomach and lower back. Trying to keep busy as much as possible to keep my mind off it but having to have rests. Co-Codamal isn't taking the pain away neither is the hot water bottle. I am so worried that I am losing the baby. I've told myself to expect the worst now. I am not expecting to see a healthy baby in that scan tomorrow. I have a 5yr old son so he will keep me occupied I guess. I never had any problems with my first pregnancy which makes me more determined that this could be a failed pregnancy 🙁

Weemoon88 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:49:42

I forgot to add that I done another pregnancy test today, I don't know wether it was to make sure I was definitely pregnant and wasn't imagining it or it was to see if I was still showing as pregnant and wasn't losing it. 😕 Silly I know. But I did and it was positive. So I definately am/was pregnant. I've had No sickness symptoms as of yet that makes me think my pregnancy has come to and end. I have had the tender breasts. And I was faint and dizzy the other week before i found out. I've also been peeing frequently. Oh god I just wish I could have my scan now so I knew wether I should start getting excited again or start preparing for the fact I won't be having my little Leo baby (same as mummy) 🙁

beck3001 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:51:36

Please don't use a water bottle.
They advise no hot baths in first trimester so I'm guessing a hot water bottle would be having the same effects as hot water! Also, when I was bleeding, it was the heat of a bath that made it worse.
I hope everything goes okay for you!!

user1480264544 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:56:21

So sorry to read this! I'm in a very similar boat and have been booked in for a scan tomo at 3pm there is nothing worse than the unknown !! My bleeding started Thursday night and has been on and off since ... not any significant pain to be honest although all my symptoms disappeared over night and I was beside myself with worry! But all of a sudden I'm raging with sickness and my breasts are so sore I can hardly move! The bleeding seems to of stoped just keep positive and wait for the scan I'm sure all will be fine flowers x

Snowflakes1122 Mon 19-Dec-16 13:38:58

Good luck with your scan tomorrow. I bled really heavily with my ds for weeks and he is now 2.

There are a few causes of bleeding in pregnancy and doesn't always mean the worst. flowers

Put your feet up and rest until the scan

Weemoon88 Mon 19-Dec-16 13:45:33

Omg can't believe they advised me to take a bath and hot water bottle! You would think they would know this! Iv gave up with the hot water bottle as it hasn't helped! Il not be bothering now after reading this. Thank you xx

Weemoon88 Mon 19-Dec-16 13:48:34

Thank you and I hope your scan goes well too! I'm just goin to rest and get my boyfriend to rub my back! All we can do is wait and hope xx

MouseLove Mon 19-Dec-16 20:46:46

A hot water bottle is absolutely fine to use if it's wrapped in a case or towel. The reason they say no hot baths is because it raises your core temperature. A hot water bottle is so isolated and small it won't change your core temp. So, yes you're ok to use a hot water bottle.

MouseLove Mon 19-Dec-16 20:47:16

Forgot to say, come update us tomorrow after tour scan. Fingers crossed for you. Xxx

Weemoon88 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:34:36

Thank you mouselove. I am prepared for the worst my bleeding has got heavier and I've been in pain all day. The pain has eased off tonight but the blood is now like a period and I can see dark red clots and even felt a bit come out not long ago so I'm presuming now I have lost it. I'd rather go to my scan tomorrow prepared for the worst rather than walking in full of hope. That's just me xx

MouseLove Mon 19-Dec-16 23:00:59

Oh I'm so sorry. You've done absolutely nothing wrong. A miscarriage is a horrible thing to go through. I really hope tomorrow gives you answers. You're so brave to be approaching it as you are doing. Lots of hugs. X

Weemoon88 Mon 19-Dec-16 23:31:53

Thank you that means a lot. I will let you know how it goes xx

MouseLove Tue 20-Dec-16 16:53:55

How did you get on OP? flowers

Weemoon88 Tue 20-Dec-16 17:33:17

Hey thanks for keeping me in mind. I was right to go in with that frame of mind after all. Turns out I was right. Just glad I have so much going on with Christmas and that so I can't over think it. I had my sons nativity to go to straight after it so that cheered me up seeing his Wee face!

MouseLove Tue 20-Dec-16 18:12:34

So sorry wee. But you are right to be positive. It will happen for you, I hope you can have a nice Christmas regardless. New year new start. X

Weemoon88 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:32:15

Thank you! Same to you xx

Murphymoo84 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:16:16

I've just seen this. Sorry you're having to go through all this stress but maybe they can help?
www.healthresearch.study/prism-study/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now