Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Good progression of test for a week?

(15 Posts)
Obsessedalready Sun 18-Dec-16 17:14:20

I know I am being paranoid and it's still early, just slightly worried as don't have many symptoms (apart from sore boobs, no period and +ve test)

Test on right exactly a week ago fmu
Test on left today at lunchtime.

I was expecting it to be as dark as the control, but maybe I need to wait until next week for that! (Planning on taking one a week until 8 weeks)

I should be 5 weeks today.

I know there is literally nothing I can do but really hoping for a sticky bean!!

Gingerbreadmam Sun 18-Dec-16 17:28:34

From experience (i tested for what felt like weeks) the internet cheapies never get any darker than what youve got so its looking perfect. Congrats!

Obsessedalready Sun 18-Dec-16 17:29:59

Ah thank you!! That makes me feel better smile

MissClarke86 Sun 18-Dec-16 17:31:30

Mine didn't get darker than the control on a FRER until I was about 7 weeks, and the ICs never did.

Looks good to me smile

Obsessedalready Sun 18-Dec-16 17:33:27

Thank you!

MoonlightMojitos Sun 18-Dec-16 17:45:30

Why are you going to keep testing until 8 weeks? Please try not to drive yourself crazy. Speaking from experience of a mc in July I know its an anxious time but worrying wont help. Try to remember a line is a line! With this pregnancy (bfp in sept) I did a clearblue digi which said 2-3 weeks when I should have been 3+ and ended up going for a scan the next day due to pain and suspected ectopic and there was a baby with a heartbeat already! I'm now 16 weeks and all going well so just goes to show they can't be completely trusted. I didnt bother testing again after that. Congratulations and try to relax and enjoy it!

MoonlightMojitos Sun 18-Dec-16 17:47:13

Oh and I had no symptoms at all til week 6 when the nausea hit me and I wished it away again! I must have be a rare example as didn't get sore boobs at all, they just got bigger!

Scrowy Sun 18-Dec-16 17:47:33

The darkness of the lines means very little I'm afraid. Save your money and your sanity.

Obsessedalready Sun 18-Dec-16 17:54:15

That's reassuring Moonlight!

I think it is the lack of symptoms that is making it not feel real and I guess seeing a line sort of makes it feel real! I swing from excited to worried. Maybe I should just try and not think about it at all!

MrsChrisPratt Sun 18-Dec-16 18:03:47

Tests have a varying amount of dye in them so you are setting yourself up for a huge amount of stress if you plan to keep testing. You are currently pregnant. Until you get evidence of not being pregnant (significant bleeding and pain), try to believe it. Step away from the tests.

FrogTime Sun 18-Dec-16 18:04:23

It's looking very positive OP! I only had sore boobs with DD and not a single other symptom until 1 weekend of morning sickness around week 13. Sometimes they aren't there!

Obsessedalready Sun 18-Dec-16 18:09:02

You guys are right. Ok I'll step away from tests and try and believe it!

I guess I should be grateful I'm pregnant and not sick!

You have all made me feel better!

arbrighton Sun 18-Dec-16 18:56:19

I have done one more test to check at about 6 weeks but the boobs, nausea etc are quite convincing.

I might be sure after the scan next week that I'm not just getting fatter

BertieBotts Sun 18-Dec-16 19:52:24

Darkness of pregnancy tests is not an indicator of HCG levels unless you're right on the cusp of what the test will detect.

Even then, a faint test can be caused by other things - over-diluted wee, not enough time to build up wee, time of day, sensitivity of test, etc.

haveacupoftea Sun 18-Dec-16 20:20:49

Step away from the hpts! I drove myself mad with them, testing until my hcg was so high the hpt was flooded and only giving faint positives! You are pregnant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now