Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Loss of symptoms

(8 Posts)
Harley84 Sun 18-Dec-16 15:58:25

Hi,

This is my first pregnancy after 2 years of ttc due to PCOS and I've had awful sickness and nausea, painful breasts and no energy. I'm currently 10+5 but all my symptoms have just disappeared and I'll be honest I've been pretty much hysterical after reading posts about mmc.

I had a scan at 6+4 and there was a heartbeat but suddenly I just don't feel pregnant anymore. I've booked a scan privately for next week I'm that worried. My breasts aren't painful at all and my nipples have seemingly gone back to their 'normal' colour after several weeks of them darkening. I'm so upset, I'm convinced that it's a mmc.

Scrowy Sun 18-Dec-16 16:05:13

I had a mmc and was puking with massive boobs right up to the day I found out. It doesn't mean anything.

Your body gets used to the hormones every now and then (around every two weeks) and you start to temporarily feel better. Don't worry you will probably start to feel crap again soon if that is any comfort grin.

Everyone is different. Try not to worry and I hope your private scan is able to reassure you.

m33r Sun 18-Dec-16 18:10:55

I'm 6+1. I was sick as a dog on cd 21 then got my positive test on CD 25. I'be felt nauseaous the whole time apart from two days last week.

I was beside myself because the MCs I have had, not so much the losing of symptoms, but more they didn'5 escalate had meant mc for me BUT this time, after the days of no symptoms, they came back. My friend is also pregnant and very well. I think there is no rhyme or reason to it.

I still worry sick if I don'5 feel sick so no advice - just I have everything crossed for you xx

mistermagpie Sun 18-Dec-16 21:41:22

I posted about almost exactly the same thing a few months ago and was totally freaking out. I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and all seems to be going ok so far, try not to panic. As a OP said, symptoms aren't really an indicator of anything either way.

Lunalovepud Sun 18-Dec-16 22:13:26

When I was expecting DC1 this happened to me a few times during my weeks 6-15 of relentless nausea... It's horrible and makes you panic for sure, despite all the times you wished you felt better when your head is down the loo... DC1 was absolutely fine and is currently snoring away in his room.

Is there an early pregnancy unit at your hospital? If there is is go there - or at least talk to your midwife tomorrow... They should be able to put your mind at rest and may be able to offer a scan tomorrow to save you waiting. Good luck with everything.

Embra Sun 18-Dec-16 22:21:12

I had the same couple of weeks back after very severe pain over night. I had a pain and something similar to contractions and in the morning I just woke up with feeling not pregnant. Went for ultrasound after and everything was fine. So if you don't have any bleeding there is no need to panic but do talk to your doc and get an us just to make sure and calm yourself. Good luck!

Nojo82 Sun 18-Dec-16 22:23:45

I had a total loss of symptoms at 8 weeks, read things like you did so i rang midwife who told me to do another pregnancy test. I didn't, i was too scared too. Im now 39 weeks so dont read too much into it, could be nothing..

Harley84 Mon 19-Dec-16 11:48:07

Thank you for your replies and kind words. I decided to go to the midwife drop in this morning and she managed to locate a strong heartbeat! I have my scan on Wednesday so I'm hoping that will confirm everything is ok. I know I'm not completely out of the woods but hearing that little thudding this morning has made a world of difference.

Thank you again for the supportive words x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now