Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lindo or Portland?

(11 Posts)
peachmilk Sun 18-Dec-16 13:50:13

I'm curious if anyone has had experiences with either maternity care facility? I am considering places that could be potential hospitals for me to go to. However I am considering a home-birth... any recommendations or experiences to share?

CashelGirl Sun 18-Dec-16 13:51:39

Go and have a tour, see what you feel when you look round.

user1234567890987654321 Sun 18-Dec-16 13:59:35

Considering your previous posts OP I don't think either Lindo or Portland will really match up to the standards of a home birth.

Oysterbabe Sun 18-Dec-16 17:08:56

I knew which poster this would be before clicking 😂

raviolidreaming Sun 18-Dec-16 17:12:40

Could you not charter a maternity plane?

QueenoftheAndals Sun 18-Dec-16 19:18:37

Do they make you carry your own bags at the Lindo?

chloechloe Sun 18-Dec-16 19:18:55

Hmmm tough choice Peachy. I'm assuming they both have a helipad?

Beewhisperer Sun 18-Dec-16 19:20:49

I thought you were asking about names ok initially. grin
<common>

Whatsername17 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:12:48

Have you decided to keep the baby now?

CallaLilli Mon 19-Dec-16 09:25:15

I thought you were asking about names ok initially

When UCL or St George just won't do for your PFB...

LHReturns Mon 19-Dec-16 15:59:01

OP you really seem very naive about pregnancy (have read your other posts).

You should be choosing your consultant obstetrician first - the person who will care for you throughout your pregnancy. Then let them advise which private hospital they want you to deliver at. No doubt yours will deliver babies at one of the above (if not both). But take their advice.

I had my first at Lindo and have visited many new mothers at Portland. I think both are exceptional and I felt unbelievably lucky to be able to give birth in such a world class and caring environment. It is the team that makes the difference - not the luxury setting. I hope you will feel the same way when you have your baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now