Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

39+4 and very strong heart beat

(12 Posts)
Bumbleclat Sun 18-Dec-16 12:39:34

I couldn't sleep last night because my heart was just racing I've been sat around all morning and still it's beating so hard even when I'm doing nothing!

MW said I should ring Dr tomorrow sonIve got another day of this sad

Is this normal?

TIA

Hawkmoth Sun 18-Dec-16 12:42:26

Can you get to maternity triage? I had a very fast heart rate with DC3 and although it all ended ok, it turns out it shouldn't have been ignored.

Nikki2ol6 Sun 18-Dec-16 13:05:48

No that's not normal my heart did this the other week for 3 days so I seen my dr and my pulse was 210 I was sent straight to maternity assessment where I was met by a midowfe and a cardiac dr who thought perhaps I had blood clot! I was put straight on an ecg machine which thankfully was normal and my pulse was now 170 but I was so breathless too it was awful, it came down to 130 and I felt better and I had to wear an ecg machine for 24 hours, they found out my iron was very low but didn't think this was the cause so I have no idea what was going on but you need to call maternity now and have this checked

WellErrr Sun 18-Dec-16 13:19:41

Go to maternity assessment.

Bumbleclat Mon 19-Dec-16 07:12:54

Thanks, I rested all day at home but still intermittently had sudden raised temp and thudding heart beat even though I was just resting confused

So morn I'm going to book appt with GP.

I have had bad experiences of our Maternity unit, it's 40 mins away and every time I've been, they keep me waiting for upwards of 7 hours then have each time sent me away none the wiser/more informed so I felt resting in bed all day was better for me.

I do feel slightly better but am thinking it might be an anaemia thing/ just simply a high blood volume/pressure thing but I'll see what doc says. I hope they give me a blood test/ecg because I'm planning a home birth and don't want to go into my labour marathon with a dodgy heart.

Baby's kicks have been normal.

Thanks for your help.

Hawkmoth Mon 19-Dec-16 15:31:23

Have you been seen?

In the two weeks before I had DD I had seven different HCPs remark on my fast heart rate. They didn't do anything about it.

When she was born, at home, it turned out I had a massive retroplacental clot and it all could have ended quite differently. As it was I had a PPH as well (not properly recorded) and I was wiped out for months. It ruined the first year with her and I ended up having a breakdown.

Please get checked out and make them take you seriously. Although we were both fine, the shock from the midwives afterwards told me it could have been a bad outcome. But she's three now and amazing, as is her little brother, who was much easier!

Bumbleclat Mon 19-Dec-16 16:48:28

So sorry you had that experience hawk sad

I am so paranoid about my heart because my dad had a heart attack when he was only 40 and my great grandmother had angina from her twenties.

I'm not overweight and don't 'look' like a heart problem person as I eat healthily, don't smoke and as a teacher am relatively active.

I hope they give me some answers it's so horrible not knowing what going on.

Bumbleclat Mon 19-Dec-16 17:01:54

I've had an each which cane back normal, an X-ray, blood tests and blood pressure which is normal just awaiting X-ray and blood results now.

confused

Been at either GP, A&E or Maternity Day unit for 8 hours but glad we even have such services, in America today would have probably bankrupted me sad

Bumbleclat Mon 19-Dec-16 17:02:08

*ecg

Hawkmoth Mon 19-Dec-16 18:00:30

Here's hoping it's just one of those things. My circumstances were very unusual, compounded by a chest and ear infection. I have all the luck!

wineandsunshine Mon 19-Dec-16 18:10:54

I had similar when pregnant with my fourth - I'm glad you have been checked over too. Sometimes these things can be just hormonal but best to be checked.

Bumbleclat Mon 19-Dec-16 21:39:15

Thanks. They've kept me in over night because this will move me to the top of the QR scan list tomorrow?
Given me Clexin injection in case I have a blood clot and will monitor me through the next day or so.
Hopefully no clots will be found with scan and I'll be able to have the home birth I have been dreaming of.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: