Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Arghhh help! Pregnancy insomnia :(

(5 Posts)
dottydee3 Sat 17-Dec-16 22:30:04

Pregnancy insomnia kicking in already at just 6 weeks! I was so sleep deprived for my last pregnancy how do I make it stop???!
Any advice/tips appreciated

NameChange30 Sat 17-Dec-16 22:36:31

I've struggled with this at certain stages of pregnancy (and I'm sure I will again, there's still time!)

Sometimes my brain just won't switch off and I don't think there's a magic fix for that, although someone suggested listening to a sleep or relaxation track, which I haven't tried but might help.

What's helped me is making myself as physically comfortable as possible. We had a rubbish old mattress and got a good quality new one, which is heavenly. And I have a pregnancy pillow which I don't always use but it's good to have the option.

Another thing I noticed is that I would sometimes wake up hungry, especially if I'd eaten an early, light dinner. So I started eating a snack before bed (unless I was still full from dinner) which did seem to help.

Pregnancy yoga is good too, I usually have a great night's sleep afterwards.

dottydee3 Sat 17-Dec-16 23:17:31

Thank you so much for your reply I'm going through dig out my pregnancy pillow! I think I will do pregnancy yoga but a little further down the line it's such a good thing tho x

Trulyamnearanear Sun 18-Dec-16 08:50:20

My gp gave me drowsy anti sickness tablets to get the drowsy side effect. An option to consider if you get desperate and are fine with medicating your problems grin

dottydee3 Sun 18-Dec-16 15:15:31

Thank you truly I generally avoid meds even even not pregnant but good to know there are options

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now