Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy is no fun

(19 Posts)
gillybean89 Sat 17-Dec-16 21:53:51

Hello,

I don't mean to sound ungrateful (I am so looking forward to meeting our 1st baby in July), but is anyone else out there finding pregnancy not-so-great? I'm 10+4 and I'm constantly feeling/being sick, I'm exhausted, my hair is like straw, my skin is dry and spotty at the same time...I'm just yet to feel overjoyed about being pregnant. I feel awful for thinking that, but I'm struggling to feel happy or excited while I'm feeling so poorly. Is anyone else feeling the same??

PeachBellini123 Sat 17-Dec-16 22:06:34

I'm 38 weeks now but felt crap in the first trimestet-lots of nausea, went off healthy food and pratically lived off carbs, horrible skin. I remember feeling generally washed out and not myself.

2nd trimester was sooo much better. I used to forget I was pregnant sometimes! Hang on in there. Just do what you need to do to get through the day.

ricecrispies16 Sat 17-Dec-16 22:07:21

Don't feel bad. I despise pregnancy, really don't like it. Especially the first trimester exhaustion and nausea. Urgh!!

INeedNewShoes Sat 17-Dec-16 22:09:06

It will get better! Hang in there smile I'm 19 weeks and can feel the baby moving now. It's worth waiting for!

My first trimester was grim, then I got gastroenteritis at the start of my second trimester so little respite but now I'm starting to feel good and am almost feeling excited about the baby now there's movement.

thecatsarecrazy Sat 17-Dec-16 23:48:23

I suffered with sickness for about 10 weeks, I'm 34 weeks now and had enough! I'm sure my last 2 pregnancy's weren't this bad. I can hardly walk, getting out of chair or bed is a struggle, legs and back hurt, get weird craving wanting to smell potatoes all the time. I can't sleep a whole night. Uggh

GinIsIn Sun 18-Dec-16 03:21:57

First 11 weeks were the worst - I felt just like you! It all magically went away pretty much overnight. Apart from the bone-crushing exhaustion - that's stuck around! 32 weeks now. Hang in there - it does get better!

lilydaisyrose Sun 18-Dec-16 03:52:09

Wait until you are 41+2! I'm totally done and fed up!

I do sympathise really. The way you are feeling is totally normal. Hang on in there for the second tri 'bloom'!

LaraG13 Sun 18-Dec-16 08:05:09

I didn't enjoy my pregnancy much. For me it got better as it went along and I enjoyed the third trimester most, until it got really uncomfortable at the end. I think the early stages are extra hard because as well as the illness and grottiness you have more worry, and the end just seems forever away. It's normal not to feel excited the whole time when you're so unwell. It'll get better and be over soon!

gillybean89 Sun 18-Dec-16 08:15:23

Thanks everyone, it makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone and that I've hopefully only got a couple more weeks before feeling a bit better! I suppose everything you read about pregnancy tells you what a wonderful experience it is and I'm waiting for that to begin! Roll on the 2nd trimester!!
lilydaisyrose I hope you have your baby soon, I can only imagine how fed up you are! sad

MrsH87 Sun 18-Dec-16 08:50:17

I had a pretty good first trimester, but the second was miserable as I suffered with awful headaches and migraines. I'm 35 weeks now and the end is in sight! The third trimester has been lovely, but it's only been the past few weeks I've hit that 'glowing' point. I haven't 'loved' being pregnant, it's hard and emotional and long - but once you start to feel your baby move and develop that lovely bump you'll feel better. Hope you have a good second trimester!

Hollyhop17 Sun 18-Dec-16 11:12:14

I am 9+2 and feel exactly the same OP. It is making me quite sad. I am having a difficult pregnancy so far, hyperemesis and yesterday picked up a bad cold I now cant medicate for. I think it is the shock for me. We have been desperate to get pregnant, our baby is very much wanted, but I had no idea there was potential to be this sick. I thought morning sickness woulc be throwing up a few times before work. Well, I've hardly worked, hardly left the house and have lost 6 pounds (I'm a fatty so have it to lose) through the sickness. I desperately want to be happy about being pregnant but so far I am really not enjoying it. I am also finding it difficult lying to people about why I've had to cancel things/not in work. Falling pregnant just before Christmas isn't the best timing. Of course, feeling like this makes me feel extremely guilty. I know people are suffering from MC, which is just awful. I do want to have a baby, just didnt realise I could feel this bad sad

cockermum85 Sun 18-Dec-16 15:19:23

Completely agree with everything you've said. I'm 29+3 now. Sickness was bad for me from 4 weeks like about 25w and from then it's just been the morning which is a relief. Have you been to the doctors about the sickness? There are safe medications you can take which really helped me!

When we were trying to get pregnant, I had these wonderful visions of how it would be and it's just not been like that. At 25w I got diagnosed with GD so that's been fun to manage... paired with sciatica and groin pain I'm not really enjoying it.

Just hanging out for it d-day!

Mouse14 Sun 18-Dec-16 15:56:46

Oh I feel the same. Currently 10.1 weeks and am currently curled up on the sofa, thinking about the Christmas shopping that I should've done already but am too tired to do. Ironically OH had his work party last night, I ended up being the taxi and I'm in a worse state than he is today!

Hopefully we'll start to feel better in a couple of weeks and actually enjoy it! smile

gillybean89 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:02:59

Cockermum85 the midwife prescibed me some anti-sickness medication but I've found that they stop me being sick but don't stop the nausea, so there's no relief really. You sound like you've had a bad time so far sad not too much longer to go!

gillybean89 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:06:26

hollyhop17 the guilt is awful isn't it?! We got pregnant within a week of trying, I'm very aware that a lot of people try for a long time and suffer with MC and infertility so I really am grateful. Let's hope we start to feel better soon. And you mouse14!

cockermum85 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:21:59

Mouse I found tiredness the biggest killer with how I felt. I really had to preserve as much energy I could! DP doesn't often get to enjoy a taxi ride from me if it's late even now, unless I know the next day can be spelt chilling and snoozing.

cockermum85 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:23:22

Gillybean go back and switch to a different pill. I was on Cyclizine and it helped me but a couple of people I've met with sickness had to try other varieties.

Lunalovepud Sun 18-Dec-16 22:19:50

It's not just you - I'm expecting DC2 and I really don't enjoy being pregnant - I love the result though obviously, it's a means to an end for me. I don't glow, I'm always tired and become spherical way before everyone else. wink

I know it seems like forever until you meet your baby but it really isn't... Soon July will be here, you'll have your baby in your arms and all of this grimness will be forgotten. smile

Princesspinkgirl Mon 19-Dec-16 13:05:54

I feel this way now at 39+1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now