Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

40+3 and losing the will

(386 Posts)
Elland Sat 17-Dec-16 13:17:21

Anyone who is similar please come and join, I want to complain and not be told he'll come when he's ready sad I know that that is the case but I can't have it repeated to me any more than what I've already heard it, mainly by the annoying fuckers who text me and ask if the baby is here yet!

I went to the midwife for a sweep at bang on 40 weeks but she couldn't do it because he wasn't engaged enough so I can't try again until Thursday which is pushing it too close to Christmas Day angry And I had £50 worth of acupuncture yesterday and he's still as high as he was 6 weeks ago.

I'm sorry for the moan but I'm so fucked off, I just don't want him to have a birthday any closer to Christmas than what he has to sad

If anyone was barely engaged with not even a hint of a show but suddenly dropped and went in to labour, now is the time to share your stories!

mistletoe1 Sat 17-Dec-16 15:24:34

I hear you. 40+4 and FFS I've just bought a pineapple. I would definitely be a lot more chilled about it (and not buying pineapples!) if Christmas wasn't looming.

I've had some mucus plug come away but am a symptom cynic after weeks of aches and pains which have resulted in nothing. Properly fed up! Always nice to know you're not alone though smilecake.

Second sweep booked tomorrow - everything firmly crossed!!

Nikki2ol6 Sat 17-Dec-16 15:29:00

Is this your first baby?
My first baby dropped I think 2 days before labour, I had seen my midwife a few days earlier and she told me I would go to around 41wks and most first pregnancies do... I was 38wks at the time and to hear this was very upsetting as I was huge and ready!! Anyways she dropped a few days later and was born later that week in the 39th week.

kinsah Sat 17-Dec-16 15:30:47

40+8 here ! Two failed sweeps :-( Going to try one more sweep tomorrow before induction Wednesday evening.. so looking more like Thursday :-(
So so fed up of the constant texts asking if Baby is here., I rang my five years olds school yesterday to confirm his absence, and they even said mentioned they thought he might have missed school because I had a baby shock

So glad I am not the only one in this position, so hormonal today cannot stop crying over everything!!

PeppaAteMySoul Sat 17-Dec-16 15:37:12

My baby was unengaged and had no show or anything at 40 weeks. My DS was born 2 weeks ago at 40 weeks 5 days. I really thought he was never going to be born!
Hang on in there and unplug the phone (I did- God people can be so insensitive). flowers

Elland Sat 17-Dec-16 15:53:12

Mistletoe, im the same! It's Christmas that is making me stress out, if it was any other time of year he could stay in there for another 2 weeks and I would be fine! Fingers crossed for your second sweep!

Yes Nikki, first baby

Congratulations Peppa could you tell when your baby had dropped down?

I'm currently in a hot bath with Clary Sage willing him to give me a sign that he's going to appear soon!

Elland Sat 17-Dec-16 15:54:08

Sorry, missed you there Kinsah cakebrew

mistletoe1 Sat 17-Dec-16 16:00:30

Kinsah im also verrrryyyy hormonal. I'll have a good day where I'm emotionally stable(ish) and the next I'll irrationally sob over anything. It's awful.

PeppaAteMySoul Sat 17-Dec-16 16:23:51

No, I didn't with my 1st baby either. My only "sign" was starting to lose bits of plug the hours before and braxton hicks which stopped and started the days before.

QuilliamCakespeare Sat 17-Dec-16 16:29:34

I'm 40 weeks today and impatience and Christmas panic is setting in. No signs whatsoever so far. I lost my mucus plug over a few days last time and it finally kicked off on 40+4 so I'm back on knicker watch like in those first 12 weeks. blush

Beachbaby1 Sat 17-Dec-16 16:54:32

40+8 here too and also two failed sweeps! Another one booked for tomorrow before an induction on Tuesday.

I have been wallowing in clary sage baths for the last 8 days.

So bored, so tired, so uncomfortable so sick of the 'any news?' messages.

I hate being miserable so I apologise and then hate myself for apologising because it is not my fault and then wonder if it is my fault and then hate myself for thinking that it is!

QuilliamCakespeare Sat 17-Dec-16 16:57:26

I think the only sensible thing to do is binge eat mince pies.

Elland Sat 17-Dec-16 17:03:08

I'm down for binge eating!

If my DP says it will all be okay one more time I might possibly kill him!

We're going to a birthday party tonight and I genuinely don't think I have anything that is a bit dressy that I'll fit in to - I'm dreading trying on the only dress that is a slight possibility because I know I'm going to have an emotional breakdown when it won't go over my fat head let alone my boobs and fucking humongous bump!

Minispringroll Sat 17-Dec-16 17:46:34

40+6 today and seeing the midwife tomorrow. Last week, he was actually less engaged than he was at the 38 week appointment (I thought first babies don't tend to pop back up... confused ). No show, no waters breaking, no nothing. I got a cold instead. hmm
Got Braxton Hicks quite a bit now but my body completely settles down during the night. Means I sleep very well (apart from frequent wee breaks) but also means there's nothing happening.
I'm trying to ignore my phone and leave it upstairs by the bed for most of the day.
Every morning, I complain to DH that I've truly run out of tops to wear. Nothing fits over the bump and I don't want to have the bottom of my tummy sticking out constantly. My maternity jeans feel uncomfortable by now, so I live in jogging bottoms. hmm

For some reason, the midwives always appear to think I'm joking when I say I'd like him out - safely. I'm confused at the assumption that I'd be unhappy about medical intervention. Haven't had any sweeps, wasn't even mentioned as a possibility.... I'm not impatient (I've been waiting for FOUR YEARS for this baby) but my anxiety levels are rising and that's surely not a good thing. My blood pressure was much higher last week than it had been throughout the entire pregnancy but apparently it wasn't anything to be concerned about. hmm

QuilliamCakespeare Sun 18-Dec-16 07:25:30

Still pregnant!

StubbleTurnips Sun 18-Dec-16 07:35:44

I'll join, 40+2. Couldn't do a sweep
On Friday as not engaged, he's just floating about relaxing. I have induction booked for the 28th so am just waiting til then now.

Nothing bloody works with our babies, DD was the same.

I just know It will start on Christmas Day and this will stress me out badly as I don't want our 3 year old to suffer on Christmas Day!

QuilliamCakespeare Sun 18-Dec-16 07:44:08

I have the same worry Stubble. I can cope with a Christmas birthday in the coming years but DS (almost 3) is so excited about Santa coming and I don't want to ruin it for him by being in hospital on the big day.

mistletoe1 Sun 18-Dec-16 07:46:03

Me too Quilliam! I had convinced myself that it was going to kick off overnight after all my efforts yesterday (sex, a very long walk, curry, pineapple, ball time). Nope. Hello 40+5.

Elland Sun 18-Dec-16 08:24:09

Every day when I get up I think the baby is less engaged than when I went to bed!

StubbleTurnips Sun 18-Dec-16 08:29:11

DH said that to me last night Ell! We're sure he's working his way out backwards.

lilydaisyrose Sun 18-Dec-16 08:30:27

I have found my people!

41+2 here and now officially the most pregnant I have ever been.

Every evening I seem to have a false alarm and really thought I was in slow/latent labour overnight with strong backache but I ended up falling asleep so it really wasn't.

Yesterday I was fine but today I'm totally miserable and worried about induction (planning a home birth) and Christmas etc. I just want to meet my baby!!

StubbleTurnips Sun 18-Dec-16 08:31:52

It's crap isn't it quill I've had to leave a note with PIL in case we're in Christmas Day so she gets all her presents, and I feel a bit bereft if I'm in then. I don't want turnip2 to have a Christmas birthday either - should've probably thought about that in march!!

SmellySphinx Sun 18-Dec-16 08:43:48

I'm not as far as you yet, I'm 32 weeks at the moment, but with my 2nd I was 40+7 stuck monitering baby in hospital because I had high bp, back home, sweeps and frig knows what - I feel your pain x There is nothing, NOTHING... that anyone says that can possibly make your feel better except for those words "You're in labour!"
I.
Cannot.
STAND THE WAITING!!!!

I hope this one isn't feeling as comfortable around that time.

UnbornMortificado Sun 18-Dec-16 09:03:13

I can beat Christmas Day. DD2 came 31st December. 10 fucking weeks early angryangryangry

Even if you plan a nice spring baby it doesn't always work grin

Elland Sun 18-Dec-16 09:15:03

10 weeks shockshock that must have been the biggest surprise! Was everything okay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now