Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What is a nub theory?

(12 Posts)
TheTartOfAsgard Fri 16-Dec-16 19:33:16

Was talking to a pregnant colleague today and she said she's not officially found out her babies sex but she knows she's having a girl due to a nub theory. Can anyone explain what this is, and if it's accurate? Or just an old wives tale? I have been studying my 12 week scan and don't think I can even see anything which looks like what I imagine a 'nub' would be. I'm planning on asking the sex at my anomaly scan (am currently 16 weeks)

Nikki2ol6 Fri 16-Dec-16 20:03:49

It's very accurate. All babies have a nub, if your a girl that nub will turn into a clitoris and if your a boy it will turn into a penis. During the 12-13wk you can tell the gender of the baby from a side shot of the baby, girl nubs are longer and parallel to the spine and often have a fork on the end,
Boy nubs are shorter and can point up a little and have stacking on the end.

BossWitch Fri 16-Dec-16 20:08:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TheTartOfAsgard Fri 16-Dec-16 20:18:22

bosswitch gringringrin my initial thought!

TheTartOfAsgard Fri 16-Dec-16 20:21:39

nikki so where is the nub? What does it look like?
Here's my 12 week scan can you show me where to look?

awayinamazda Fri 16-Dec-16 20:43:29

I think it's going to be....a potato :-D

TheTartOfAsgard Fri 16-Dec-16 20:50:58

away seeing as my craving is chips with gravy that really wouldn't surprise me 😂😂😂

Annabrooke90 Fri 16-Dec-16 21:53:05

The nub is imaged very well on yours, it's the brighter stick at the bottom. Its rising up, got some stacking.... Boy nub in my opinion smile it is very accurate when done at the correct gestation and imaged clearly on the scan.

BobbieDog Fri 16-Dec-16 21:55:53

Im not sure whether its accurate or not tbh.

There was no nub visible on my 12 weeks scan picture and we found out today that its a boy

TheTartOfAsgard Fri 16-Dec-16 22:25:18

Congratulations bobbie

Nikki2ol6 Sat 17-Dec-16 07:43:54

Looks like a boy

TheTartOfAsgard Wed 25-Jan-17 19:33:04

It's a boy! Thanks for your guesses grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now