Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I ovulate and become pregnant before I've took my 1st period after coming of the pill

(5 Posts)
Laz2812 Fri 16-Dec-16 16:39:34

Hi,
I'm new to mumsnet. My husband and I are TTC our #3 I took my withdrawal bleed on November 21st after stopping my pill. I've not yet had my 1st natural period. Is it possible to still ovulate and conceive without my cycle returning. I used a Clearblue Digital OPK an got Two flashy smilies Wednesday & Thursday this week & a steady Smilie today. We DTD Wednesday & today (Friday) could this result in pregnancy or could the OPK give me a miss read.

Nikki2ol6 Fri 16-Dec-16 16:46:42

You always ovulate before a period and a period is the break down of what was never used if you don't get pregnant

OrianaBanana Fri 16-Dec-16 16:48:53

Yes as Nikki says the ovulation comes before the period. So it is possible.

Laz2812 Fri 16-Dec-16 17:13:52

Thanks, wasn't sure if I had to wait for my cycle to return. If my period doesn't show I'll test in two weeks.

MouseLove Fri 16-Dec-16 18:22:18

Yes it's possible. But to correct the earlier poster, periods do NOT mean you are ovulating. It's possible not to ovulate.

It's a high chance that you may not ovulate at all this cycle and AF might come after a long time. My first cycle off the pill was 50 days. However it's completely possible you could be pregnant straight away. That's the beauty of the human reproductive organs. They do what they want! Good luck!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now