Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Low implantation early pregnancy

(8 Posts)
laineintexas Fri 16-Dec-16 16:03:23

Hi everyone, I've never used mumsnet before so I don't know if I've put this in the right place! But - I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I had a little bleeding (no pain) yesterday so my GP sent me for a scan. At the scan, they said the embryo looks normal but it's very low down. So low, the doctor basically said to expect a miscarriage. Has anyone else been told this? Any stories about being the embryo was low but going on to have a healthy pregnancy would be greatly received!

Princesspinkgirl Fri 16-Dec-16 16:15:45

I've not personally but have suffered a mmc once before unfortunately there's nothing they can do to stop it if it's happening in do wish you all the best op

flumpybear Fri 16-Dec-16 16:40:26

I'd just be happy and try to remain positive .... all sorts of things happen in pregnancy - including bleeding, plus the growing embryo /baby/placenta do move around so it's not written in stone IMO
Good luck- sticky thoughts!! wink

laineintexas Fri 16-Dec-16 16:48:30

Thanks for replying both of you - trying to remain positive but the sonographer seemed so certain it was going to be a miscarriage. And this would be my third miscarriage if it does, so...argh :-(

flumpybear Fri 16-Dec-16 17:42:37

See what happens, the main thing is you CAN get pregnant!! I had loads of MC but gave two crazy bears now winkwink

flumpybear Fri 16-Dec-16 17:43:39

Hope that didn't sound heartless?! Wasn't meant to be ... but you're currently pregnant - congratulations starstarflowersflowers

laineintexas Fri 16-Dec-16 18:05:03

Oh no, not heartless at all, and great news you have crazy bears (lol) after miscarriages. I'm usually a glass full kind of person, but that sonographer was kind of matter of fact about it - not positive at all. Plus I'm 39 so time is not on my side. Still, I guess each day that passes with no disasters is a step in the right direction!

haveacupoftea Fri 16-Dec-16 23:29:12

It is very early days, and sonographers arent always right, just take it a day at a time smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: