Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Low implantation early pregnancy

(8 Posts)
laineintexas Fri 16-Dec-16 16:03:23

Hi everyone, I've never used mumsnet before so I don't know if I've put this in the right place! But - I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I had a little bleeding (no pain) yesterday so my GP sent me for a scan. At the scan, they said the embryo looks normal but it's very low down. So low, the doctor basically said to expect a miscarriage. Has anyone else been told this? Any stories about being the embryo was low but going on to have a healthy pregnancy would be greatly received!

Princesspinkgirl Fri 16-Dec-16 16:15:45

I've not personally but have suffered a mmc once before unfortunately there's nothing they can do to stop it if it's happening in do wish you all the best op

flumpybear Fri 16-Dec-16 16:40:26

I'd just be happy and try to remain positive .... all sorts of things happen in pregnancy - including bleeding, plus the growing embryo /baby/placenta do move around so it's not written in stone IMO
Good luck- sticky thoughts!! wink

laineintexas Fri 16-Dec-16 16:48:30

Thanks for replying both of you - trying to remain positive but the sonographer seemed so certain it was going to be a miscarriage. And this would be my third miscarriage if it does, so...argh :-(

flumpybear Fri 16-Dec-16 17:42:37

See what happens, the main thing is you CAN get pregnant!! I had loads of MC but gave two crazy bears now winkwink

flumpybear Fri 16-Dec-16 17:43:39

Hope that didn't sound heartless?! Wasn't meant to be ... but you're currently pregnant - congratulations starstarflowersflowers

laineintexas Fri 16-Dec-16 18:05:03

Oh no, not heartless at all, and great news you have crazy bears (lol) after miscarriages. I'm usually a glass full kind of person, but that sonographer was kind of matter of fact about it - not positive at all. Plus I'm 39 so time is not on my side. Still, I guess each day that passes with no disasters is a step in the right direction!

haveacupoftea Fri 16-Dec-16 23:29:12

It is very early days, and sonographers arent always right, just take it a day at a time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now