Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What trousers should I pack in my bag for hanging around after birth?

(13 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Fri 16-Dec-16 14:32:01

Normally after giving birth I go home... and hang out In pjs for a few days or my dressing gown. However I'm going to be in a different hospital this time as my baby is poorly and I need clothes on.... all I have is maternity leggings but I'm worried there will be a huge bulge where the pad is? Or I have skinny leggings from before my pregnancy but they may be a bit tight on my tummy. What should I buy?

TheLongRains Fri 16-Dec-16 14:39:52

Those loose fitting yoga trouser things are so comfy,I find. Stretchy around the waist, not clingy elsewhere, and if you can, get a pair that come up high - I had a c-section and found high waisted ones much more comfy as there was no rubbing on the wound , so if you for any reason end up with a section, it might be good to be prepared?

Sorry your baby is poorly sad I hope all goes well for you both and that your stay in hospital is short.

smEGGnogg Fri 16-Dec-16 14:39:59

You could wear longer tops if you're worried about the bulge.

Yoga pants are good. Stretchy and comfortable.

Or try to buy dark coloured pyjamas. Last time I gave birth I bought myself some pyjama sets from primark that included a vest, stretchy trousers and a tshirt. I also wore a long waterfall type cardi. I wanted to leave the hospital in pyjamas without them looking like pyjamas if that makes sense.

SeashellHoarder Fri 16-Dec-16 18:49:14

Yoga pants from Sainsburys in 2 sizes up from your pre pregnancy size.(£10) A long shirt that covers your bum. I love the regatta ones from Amazon. (£12each)

My dd is 5 days old and this is all I've worn. It's very comfy.

Nottalotta Fri 16-Dec-16 19:55:24

I just stuck with maternity leggings. I don't think anyone will notice/care about the bulge!

StarsandSparkles Fri 16-Dec-16 19:56:17

I had a pair of primark leggings that i went home with that were really comfy

SpeckledyBanana Fri 16-Dec-16 19:57:48

Leggings and tunic, or loose tracky bottoms.

museumum Fri 16-Dec-16 19:59:35

Yoga pants are just perfect.

kew1234 Fri 16-Dec-16 20:04:05

Loose Tracky bottoms or maternity leggings with a large comfy t- shirt. And big pants. The disposable maternity pants are brilliant if you get them.

SpeckledyBanana Fri 16-Dec-16 20:05:37

YY to big pants, I liked Sainsbury's ones a couple of sizes up from pre-pregnancy.

Oysterbabe Fri 16-Dec-16 20:42:01

I was in hospital a week and was in PJs and a dressing gown the entire time.

Princesspond Fri 16-Dec-16 20:44:35

I'd suggest Long vests from primani and next hareem pants

Kel1234 Fri 16-Dec-16 20:49:33

I just had a few pairs of black tracksuit bottoms (I HATE wearing anything like that) but I thought it was the best option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now