Talk

Advanced search

Will they do a sweep?

(4 Posts)
Dontwannabeabadmum Fri 16-Dec-16 00:04:31

I have a mw appt on Tuesday. The mw has said it will be classed as my 38w appt even though I'll be 37+3 because of how Xmas falls and my weeks changeover date. My consultant has said about having a sweep from 38w so now I'm wondering whether the mw will do a sweep on Tuesday or not? I'd honestly prefer if she did cos I don't wanna ask for another appt the following week as I know there'll be a backlog with Xmas and stuff but I have a feeling she may say no

5madthings Fri 16-Dec-16 00:15:08

Did consultant write in your notes a out having sweep from 38wks? If not midwife likely won't do it ime as they won't do a sweep until you reach term.

They may not even be able to do a sweep if your cervix isn't ready ie posterior, not open at all etc.

Dontwannabeabadmum Fri 16-Dec-16 04:51:47

Yes she wrote sweep from 38 weeks. She hopes that things will be progressing by then as baby does a lot of pressing down on my cervix!!!!

Princesspinkgirl Fri 16-Dec-16 16:14:13

Here in Shropshire the guidelines are no sweeps till 41 weeks 😑😑 im 38+5 and wish it was sooner lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now